• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEGENw84itDARY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    After not finding much at the Fort Wayne Gun show I decided to go to Gander to see if maybe I could salvage my day. as I was looking at o/u shotguns I found a used Turkish made classic game 12 gauge o/u for 499, As I debated getting such a nice looking o/u for under 500 I walked around and saw the same gun their brand new for 450! wtf gander. and of course they wont come down at all on a used price. The employee working their said someone got wayy to much for it so whoever it was congrats lol...

onto my shotgun question can you really go wrong with an o/u shotgun, I really don't see any difference in the 1500 dollar ones to this Turkish made one, any help?

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I dont put much trust in what they put on used guns,They had a loaded S/S 5" Springfield Armory 1911 on display as a custom longslide??

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    The big difference is how much are you going to shoot it. Clays in the yard every so often, occasional hunt or 10000 rds. a year at the club. The cheaper guns are cheaper. They tend to wear out faster with heavy use. If you get back to Gander try to talk to Rob, Matt or Ben. They are your resident shotgunner/clay shooters.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Like any other gun, you have to answer the question "what will I use it for?"

$500 for an stack barrel is not bad if you are just shooting cow pasture skeet a few times a year. If you are going to shoot it more than that then you will likely be frustrated on the length of service you will receive from it.

Lots of hand-fitting goes into a quality over and under, from regulation of the barrels to the lock to quality of materials.

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    I found the same pricing on used guns at the Greenwood, IN Gander. I was looking at a Remington 870 express that showed heavy wear & it was priced more than the new one. You would think that they would have some common sense when pricing used guns.

X ring

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Similar situation here. Just picked up a Winchester model 101 pigeon grade trap out of the glass case (always wanted something out of the glass case) at Gander Mountian castelton. Beleive it or not I had shopped all of my favorite gun shops and found that Gander had a great deal on this gun. For $1100.00 and some change ,gun in 98%+ condition, and fits me perfectly. Not only was it $300 to $500 less than the similar gun on Gun Broker, they did come off $100.00 on a used gun.

Top Bottom