• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I was hoping since the Castleton location got a bunch the Greenwood store would have something new too... but nope. Its still a half empty wall and 80 percent empty cases. The counter man said they were expecting a great load on Thursday, but I'm only off at the start of the week so I guess I will miss out before the gun starved public picks them clean again. Lol.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    They even had some Dan Wesson's and other higher end stuff they didn't used to carry to my knowledge.

The entire back wall is now dedicated to firearms. But no ammo still.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Great experience at GM tonight

My wife is shopping for a new .22 semi-auto pistol, so we stopped by the Castleton store on our way to dinner tonight. A guy named Rod greated us when we pulled our number, and then ended up being the one to wait on us 5 minutes later when our number was called.

It was a really good experience for my wife. Rod was professional and personable. He showed her several pistols in the class she was looking for and walked her through a function check on each one. She ended up really liking the SR22, so Rod pulled the box from the back to let her try the alternate grip that wasn't on the display gun.

Never one to rush into a decision, she wanted to sleep on it, and Rod was fine with that. No high presure selling after spending quite a bit of time with us. I'm betting we'll be back to buy one Friday.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Everyone seems to be in a frenzy that GM has guns but I have yet to hear of any great prices? Talked to a guy yesterday who paid $529 for a Kahr CW9 at the Greenwood store when I've seen them for $389 at smaller shops. Doesn't seem like such a deal to me.:dunno:

Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    I stopped in Monday and yes they had a bunch of guns. Prices still pretty high, I was comparing a few that I had looked at will at the 1500, at least $100.00 higher, but, the Sigs and Remintons I checked out were not over MSRP.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    They claim to price match to local GS.

Keep us posted if anyone tries.

I should've tried! A couple weeks ago I checked out a SR1911 they had in stock. It was priced at MRSP, $799. It's not an $800 gun. For a hundred or two more more a 1911 with better fit, finish, and overall feel can be had.

Their prices have always been higher though.

(full disclosure: I'm not bashing Ruger. In fact, i'm a big fan. I love my SR9. Great gun for the price.)

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Everyone seems to be in a frenzy that GM has guns but I have yet to hear of any great prices? Talked to a guy yesterday who paid $529 for a Kahr CW9 at the Greenwood store when I've seen them for $389 at smaller shops. Doesn't seem like such a deal to me.:dunno:

Agreed. They aren't usually cheaper. I started the thread just to let people know that they actually had guns in stock. and a lot of them at that. The LGS' I frequent have been empty lately. A reasonable deal beats a rock bottom deal when it's in stock and you want it now.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Agreed. They aren't usually cheaper. I started the thread just to let people know that they actually had guns in stock. and a lot of them at that. The LGS' I frequent have been empty lately. A reasonable deal beats a rock bottom deal when it's in stock and you want it now.

They do say they will price match so if someone pays too much it's their own fault.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    They do say they will price match so if someone pays too much it's their own fault.

Whoa! My first quote within a quote, and when I post this it will be a quote within a quote within a quote!
    "I think I found the nexus on the universe Jerry!"

You are correct, they do price match, they did it for me about a year ago on an M&P 15-22 MOE.

Gary Clay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    The only deals that I ever gotten from GM was used shot guns,
    I think the hand guns are over priced. I shop there but don't buy.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    What rugers did they have? Anyone? i'm looking a sr22 and sr1911.??

My husband got an SR22..make sure it has both sets of grips. His didn't but Ruger hooked him up

I was in GM last night and was impressed with the number of gun they had - new and used. No M&P Shields (I asked).
    Not a lot of handgun ammo, except for revolvers. The only .22 they had were birdshot rounds.

The ONLY time to get handgun ammo is first thing Friday morning

I was hoping since the Castleton location got a bunch the Greenwood store would have something new too...

I think part of why Castleton got so many guns in is for their soft Grand Opening next week. Or that's what the GM told us one Friday morning waiting in line for opening. Kind of a "hey, we have guns, come check out our newly remodeled store" kinda thing

I put a 30-06 on layaway so I'd be guaranteed of getting the gun I wanted. No interest, 90 days to pay and it was below MSRP. I won't be heartbroken if I happen to see it somewhere else for less. That's the chance I took.

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    A friend of mine picked up a nice used handgun at the Castleton store the other day for a pretty good price. They had some interesting pricing on there new stuff like 2 of the same guns with totally different pricing. I double checked for night sights and all the same but about $80 difference.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    A friend of mine picked up a nice used handgun at the Castleton store the other day for a pretty good price. They had some interesting pricing on there new stuff like 2 of the same guns with totally different pricing. I double checked for night sights and all the same but about $80 difference.

And some guns have the wrong tags on them. We were looking at Bersa 380s and there was one with a tag saying it shot 45's IIRC...We were told the tags were printed somewhere else and sent to the store.

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    We were there Friday night after they got all the new guns in. There was a huge wait but the person was knowledgeable and did not push or make us feel rushed (which is probably why there was a long wait!). I was able to handle several models I have been looking for. As others have said, prices are not rock bottom but if I can see several at once and the price is within a transfer fee of online pricing it is worth it to me.

Top Bottom