• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Seems like something is up at Gander Mountain (Merr.) I've noticed they are reducing inventory in the guise of a remodel but something just doesn't feel like a pre-reno sale there. They really reduced the ammo inventory and when asked I was told that it was same amount just more condensed. Everything is on sale (except the guns of course) and I was just wondering if anyone knew how to read if a soft closing is on the horizon?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's not full all day, but there are people in and out steadily all day. How do I know? My office window overlooks it. I've seen architects/contractors there.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Well, down here, the only one nearby folded up. Our LGS took over their building. GM had tried to compete with them by being 2 blocks away and lost. BP is about a mile away but the LGS still has better prices and definitely better service.

It could be a sign of a trend.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    It's not full all day, but there are people in and out steadily all day. How do I know? My office window overlooks it. I've seen architects/contractors there.

Architects and Contractors work for other companies too. Maybe another fireworks store!

OnGuard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    NWI
    I was in there just before Christmas and the customer in the check out line in front of me was told by an employee that the guns and ammo were going to be discontinued and not carried anymore. Seemed like they want it to just be a sporting goods and camping store.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Hah, I was about to jump in before I realized you weren't talking about the store in Castleton. Us poor Indy folk get so confused by you NWI'ers. The store I'm referencing is the only game on that side of the town, and my goodness you should see the people flock to it. Crazies.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Heard from a guy at work that Gander in Merrillville is closing the end of the month. There is a new buyer/owner who is opening up a new all gun store in Gander mountain.
    No clothes, tents, canoes just guns. If this is true, we are going to have a new store to shop at for guns. My friend said the new store will be called Gun World.

This is a rumor I heard at work. This may not be the truth. My friend had no reason to lie to me, and he is a very straight forward guy. He heard about this from a Gander employee. Time to get Jedi working on this for us NWI gun owners.

po7g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I did notice last time they where getting rid of shelving, I thought maybe just a rebuild. If it will be a new gun store that will be nice considering we dont have much in Merrillville. You can go to Westforth but I really dont go out that way that much. A range would be a big plus. If they start to put the guns on sale I might have to skip some bills lol

MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    Gander Mountain in Fort Wayne has a lot of 223 ammo in stock now but every thing else is quickly dwindling and I noticed the price of mags are up as well. I bought a mag for my LC9 about 4 months ago for $30 yesterday they were priced at $49.99. I heard an employee say that they are downsizing their inventory of ammo!?! They had a couple of AR style 22LR's for around $300 if your looking for that kind of thing.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Westfield Mall has a no-gun policy in the mall and in all of the out-buildings on Westfield property. Is GM on Westfield's property? Maybe a potential conflict there?

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    As I was complaing about the gun setup in the new Gander Mtn in Lafayette wed to the store manager about how they are setup and you have to take a njumber ect, he told me they were remodeling it to look like the Lafayette store. Who knows, time will tell.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Westfield Mall has a no-gun policy in the mall and in all of the out-buildings on Westfield property. Is GM on Westfield's property? Maybe a potential conflict there?

There's a Dicks in the mall that sells long guns....I don't think the ill conceived policy has anything to do with anything.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Man, that is an awfully big building to be a gun only store. It would be awesome...they could put a range in there or whatever, but I think that if there were truth to this rumor, a bunch of people would know about this. Particularly the other gun shops, due to the fact that some sales rep would undoubtedly open his mouth to someone or a few folks happy to spread the word.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana

there's a sign on gm door that says to check all firearms and bows but also says it doesn't apply to ltch holders this make me think they have no problem with you carrying

Top Bottom