• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    With the on going of politics right now, wonder if any gun shop would take a chance on a new start up? Suppliers can't catch up with ammo sales, and certain makes of firearms, and if BO has his way, certain restrictions will occur. Gander used to be a fair place to deal, but not so in the last 3-6 years. Downhill management and and pricing has hurt them. I would like to see it happen, but ... well, who knows?

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I used to work for the Gander Warehouse down in Lebanon, and I have noticed the same thing at the Merrillville store. If it is true that Gun World is going in, that is what Gander calls their new "Large" gun counters. If I had to guess, I would say that they are going to do a remodel with the new Gun World part in there. That will still be nice because all the new Gun Worlds have a lot more guns then what the Merrillville store ever had. I will make some phone calls to some friends that still work there and see if they have heard anything.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I used to work for the Gander Warehouse down in Lebanon, and I have noticed the same thing at the Merrillville store. If it is true that Gun World is going in, that is what Gander calls their new "Large" gun counters. If I had to guess, I would say that they are going to do a remodel with the new Gun World part in there. That will still be nice because all the new Gun Worlds have a lot more guns then what the Merrillville store ever had. I will make some phone calls to some friends that still work there and see if they have heard anything.

cool it would be nice to have another option in the area there gun counter lacks a bit now.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I walked in there today looking for 9mm ammo and all they had was 115g Remington range ammo for 15 bucks a box. I passed and left.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    The problem is there is not much ammo to be had to replace what they sell. I call wholesalers three times a week and they have pretty much nothing to sell us. Ammo wise or guns. The manufactures are all way behind now from the last three weeks. The super storm and already back logged gun orders before the big buys really hurt as well.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Heard from a guy at work that Gander in Merrillville is closing the end of the month. There is a new buyer/owner who is opening up a new all gun store in Gander mountain.
    No clothes, tents, canoes just guns. If this is true, we are going to have a new store to shop at for guns. My friend said the new store will be called Gun World.

This is a rumor I heard at work. This may not be the truth. My friend had no reason to lie to me, and he is a very straight forward guy. He heard about this from a Gander employee. Time to get Jedi working on this for us NWI gun owners.

I can validate that. Gander corporate decided to remodel a few stores into gun only fronts.

pont463

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Demotte
    Gun World

I can verify that the employees working at the store are telling customers that it will be converted to a mainly gun only store. They are indeed using the name Gun World.

bombdiggity090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    NWI
    They are remodeling into a hunting only store. No fishing or camping, only guns/ammo, footwear and apparel so far is what we have been told. However it was a nice surprise to receive a few alliant and hogdon powders as well as claybuster wads on thursday. Could hint at an expanded reloading section?

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Westfield Mall has a no-gun policy in the mall and in all of the out-buildings on Westfield property. Is GM on Westfield's property? Maybe a potential conflict there?

Really? I don't feel safe walking into that Mall unless I am carrying. Just like Wally World across the street.

Btw went to GM last Saturday and they said that the remodel should be done near the end of April.

Sonsofthunder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    I second that statement concerning westfield mall. Grew up shopping there, and regardless of them trying to clean it up, Merrillville is starting to look more like Gary in a lot of areas...never a good thing. I am boycotting Buffalo Wild Wings due to their stand against ANY guns, licensed or not, in their establishments (signs up now about it). They obviously arent doing this out of evidence supporting that approach, but far more so jumping on the propaganda bandwagon. We all need to be active in writing our senators (already have) and our local business, letting them know they are losing business as they question or violate Constitutional rights, and state privileges.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    They are remodeling into a hunting only store. No fishing or camping, only guns/ammo, footwear and apparel so far is what we have been told. However it was a nice surprise to receive a few alliant and hogdon powders as well as claybuster wads on thursday. Could hint at an expanded reloading section?

They are going to expand on their reloading section. How much I am not sure but they will carry reloading supplies.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Will GM be closed during the remodel? And if so when will the close start?
    Pretty much the closest so to me, I hate the mall traffic even just venturing across the street to WW

bombdiggity090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    NWI
    We are not closing during the remodel. As of now construction is slated to start on March 25. However between then and the end of construction the store will look much different every day and we will be very busy but feel free to ask an associate if you need help or need to find something during the process.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    We are not closing during the remodel. As of now construction is slated to start on March 25. However between then and the end of construction the store will look much different every day and we will be very busy but feel free to ask an associate if you need help or need to find something during the process.

Anything huh?

How about plenty of .223/5.56 at pre-panic pricing and enough for the working man to actually get some after work instead of all the bums getting it from our tax $$$'s

sig40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    it will not boter me if the gander mountain closes the service there is lousy anyhow.

Buzzard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I was in there recently and saw posters of the proposed remodel. The gun section will be nice if it resembles the pictures on the posters. Hopefully, it won't raise prices just because the atmosphere is nicer. The prices are high enough already IMO.

Top Bottom