Gander Mountain (non firearms or price related)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I went into the GM in greenfield today to buy a fishing lure that I want to give my dad for Christmas. I was having a hard time finding it so after about 10 minutes of looking I started keeping an eye out for an employee. There was not one to be found. the fishing section happened to be right next to the registers and what appeared to be a manager walked into that area. She was reading something in a binder so I stood there and waited to be acknowledged. Neither her, nor the cashier said anything for at least 60 seconds of me standing right in front of them. The cashier even made eye contact and before I could say anything she looked away. Finally the manager asked if I needed something and I asked if there was anybody working the fishing section this evening (time was about 16:40). She just sort of chuckled and said "I have all my guys working in firearms, I COULD page someone but I doubt anyone would even show up". the cashier made some sort of comment in agreement. I left.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've always had great luck ordering lures and gear from Amazon. Good price and great service and it usually gets here pretty quick. I seldom buy in a store if I know what I'm looking for.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    And that's why I love my local tackle shop. Pretty lucky to have a good one here in the Fort. Wish I knew one down there to recommend for ya.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    an umbrella rig. Not the castable kind, but the kind you troll, or put behind a downrigger. Preferable the smaller 5 bait setup, but the 9 bait setup would work as well, we just remove the inner 4.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I had a similar experience at around 8 in the evening a while back. Only difference was I didn't need any help, but there was no employees to be found except by the cash register.

Only help I needed was finding muzzleloader stuff but it wasn't that important and gave up. Got what I really went there for.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yeah, Prime is nice. I ordered some coffee on Thursday night, it was shipped on Friday and delivered Sunday. Yep, that's right Sunday delivery, two days from shipment.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Did you try that tackle shop right on 40 by Orshlein?

I didn't realize they were open?

Like this one?Amazon.com : Mann's Bait Company 6.5-Inch The Alabama Rig (Chart, Black) : Artificial Fishing Bait : Sports & Outdoors

They can have it to you in 2 days. If you are a prime member you get that shipping all year for free.

No, that has the wires coming out the back an a cone pattern... we use the kind with the wires coming out the sides in a cross pattern.

Shoot, even if you paid for 2 day shipping it would still be the same as instore pricing. That's a nice rig, too.

I prefer to buy from brick and mortars if I can. Even if its a BBS, its still local employing LOCAL people.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Even when you get an employee, at least at the Gander in Avon, I have not come across any that know anything about fishing working in the fishing area. Its really a shame that they don't even seem to try and find anyone that knows anything about fishing, or even about what they stock and where it might be.

Top Bottom