• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TBaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    Stop in Gander Mountain today to see what they had for ammo. Does anyone else think their prices are high?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    EVERYBODY'S prices are "high". Look around.

I dont expect ammo to go all the way back to pre-panic pricing ever again. It might get a bit lower, but never to the original levels... unless we can as a collective stop paying the inflated pricing. And thats not gonna happen.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    EVERYBODY'S prices are "high". Look around.

I dont expect ammo to go all the way back to pre-panic pricing ever again. It might get a bit lower, but never to the original levels... unless we can as a collective stop paying the inflated pricing. And thats not gonna happen.

Wal Mart prices have stayed pretty close to the same, no? I stopped in at the Greenwood Gander today and they had plenty of stuff in stock other than .22. I would imagine the longer they sit on it the more pressure there will be ease off a bit on the pricing.

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    Yes the prices are high. Been buying ammo for 38 years. If you look close and compare, there are a few calibers very close or lower then walmart. Lafayette GM has CCI wmr for 12.49 for 50. That is one dollar less the walmart.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    A yeah. They seem to be high, at least on the things that I look at. It would be nice if Cabela's would come to indy. They have better prices.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Sometimes GM has comparable prices, other times they are so far out of whack its not even funny. Seen a few other places that have pricing similar in pattern. Know what you are buying, and do your research, its a buyer-be ware world out there.

TBaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    I was looking at .45 and .40 and thought that was high. Saw the WWB .45 for $45 at a local gun store and GM wanted $65. Saw some of the same type .223 at Bass Pro for less.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Yes, they are high, so I don't buy from them. GM had .22lr boxes of 50 for 4.99, I did not buy it. GM had .38 spl for 28.99 I did not but it. Walmart had WWB of .40, I purchased 300rds for 117 including tax, Profire Arms had a box or .38 spl for 19.99 I purchased it. Dicks has lots of ammo, all over priced, including AE .22lr box of 40 for 2.50 limit 1 box. I told the guy "No Thanks". Its your money use how you want to, but I choose to wait. I don't have as much as I want but I'm now without either.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Picked 3 boxes of same @ Wal Mart for $40 / box. Before the panic buying, believe it was $35ish. Those 3 were the first & last I've been able to buy @ Wal Mart since Dec. Found them about 3 weeks ago.

What Walmart are you shopping at? They are still much cheaper than 40.00 a box in Greenfield.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    GM price for 100rd WWB 45ACP is $65+tax.

Dunhams just opened in the Fort. They had 100rds 9mm WWB for $37 on Thursday. Dicks had the WWB for $35. LGS on Lima was even higher. I left them on the shelf. I will wait until the price drops a bit more.

Dunhams also had .38SPL, .40 and .45 on the shelf. Overpriced, but it was there.

Still can't get pistol ammo at Walmart.

Nobody had 22LR.

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    When I purchased my FNAR last November, I compared GM in Lafayette to Four Guns and saved $596.00 buying it from Four Guns. Exact same model,and features.

tiretrack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    our side o the wire
    Yes they are high ,on some things .I bought some Rio target 12ga.at GM the other day(it shot well at clays BTW)for 5.99 ,yesterday at bradis same was 7.99. Wally world frustrates me to no end,I work, so being there when they unload their truck is nigh impossible, but I appreciate them not price gouging so I try them when I can. Prices and availability seem to be correcting,hopefully we won't have another "incident" to screw things up again

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Most ammo companies increase price yearly, anywhere from 3% to 8% annually

Its a fact of life. It sucks but our sport gets more expensive every year

ryancantshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    The City
    I've recently been several times. People often mention their reasonable pricing on here so I checked it out. Everything I shop for is hilariously over-priced. 9mm ammo is high, Glocks are about 150+ higher than anywhere else (25-30%), Walthers too, and the clothing is simply laughable.

If I'm going to give my money to a big box over a local guy the prices better justify it. When the prices are way higher than the local guy I see no reason to shop there ever.

That place is a good spot to go test how various handguns feel in your head. Nothing else IMO.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Their ammo was stupid high before the panic. I saw ammo that was double what I paid at a local gun shop. I have and never would buy ammo from them.

Top Bottom