• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Many threads have been posted on :ingo: about the terrible customer service and crazy prices at Gander Mountain. I have posted at least two myself. There is a lot of negative energy here about Gander Mountain.

Today I learned something about this organization that is surprisingly good. Since I have been so vocal about the negatives, I thought it only fair that I be vocal about it when GM actually does something good. Check it out.

"We believe in the American system of free enterprise and consider these demands to be anti-competitive and fundamentally inappropriate. We cannot in good conscience go down that road and maintain our integrity as a good corporate citizen. We think it's wrong. So we are unwilling to accept the 'everyone is doing it' argument and become part of the problem."

The entire interview, which sets the context of this statement, is given here:

CEO Makes Case Against Corporate Welfare: An Interview with Mark Baker | Heartlander Magazine

Surprising as it may be, :+1: for GM.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is good news for a change.

I've never been to a Cabela's but have been to GM and BPS's. I've walked around that BPS in Springfield, MO and it's amazing they can sell anything at close to a reasonable price. Even the other BPS's--though not as extravagant, still all that fancy eye-candy is expensive.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Good for him! Last time I went to Ft Wayne, I was like :eek:, I need to go there! I would have then, but was en-route to the wedding reception of a good friend. I'll have to make a trip down before winter sets in.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    does anyone else think of the big plants that build trucks whenever someone refers to Gander Mountain as GM? or is it just me since i grew up in the shadow of the Fort Wayne GM?

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    What Gander Mtn isnt telling you is they dont want the competition from the other sporting good stores like bass pro or cabelas so they can continue to charge insane prices without someone to put a check on them. They essential blocked the cabelas store that was set to movin in near the gander mtn greenwood store by complaining that they didnt receive subsidies so why should they and it all got stopped. Whether or not you agree with subsidies Gander Mtn just doesnt like competetion. They are pretty much the biggest retailer around the central Indiana area and they know short of you buying something online and paying shipping you are gonna come to them unless a smaller local store stocks the item your looking for.

brcrbn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What Gander Mtn isnt telling you is they dont want the competition from the other sporting good stores like bass pro or cabelas so they can continue to charge insane prices without someone to put a check on them. They essential blocked the cabelas store that was set to movin in near the gander mtn greenwood store by complaining that they didnt receive subsidies so why should they and it all got stopped. Whether or not you agree with subsidies Gander Mtn just doesnt like competetion. They are pretty much the biggest retailer around the central Indiana area and they know short of you buying something online and paying shipping you are gonna come to them unless a smaller local store stocks the item your looking for.

I agree that there is usually another reason behind the cover story of these type of things. My "knee jerk" reaction was that GM could not get the subsides that Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop are getting and are bitter(no facts just me being pessimistic).

Top Bottom