• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Yes, giving Gouger Mountain your email address signifies how responsible you are with a gun. I heard if you give your email address to Sears, you are a responsible chainsaw owner.

Lol you are so FOS. It's the giving away of the free gun lock to lock your gun while not in use. Thereby preventing an ND by a five year old. Good grief. Take your misplaced bravado and outrage elsewhere.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't see anything wrong with what they're doing. Some folks think they need/want a trigger lock and this is an opportunity to get one free of cost. But people that sign up for this should realize they'll likely be puting themselves on one or more mailing lists...even if they get one of the "while supplies last" locks or not.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I don't see anything wrong with what they're doing. Some folks think they need/want a trigger lock and this is an opportunity to get one free of cost. But people that sign up for this should realize they'll likely be puting themselves on one or more mailing lists...even if they get one of the "while supplies last" locks or not.

Right. Two things; get the lock at the store so the "while supplies last" doesn't play into it. And FYI they let me do it without giving them any address/phone number etc. --At the counter.... But if you do give your email, wait for the first one and unsubscribe. Not too hard to do.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was in the gander off 86th saturday. In line to check out and the 2 folks in front of me and the 2 folks behind were all there for free locks.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Lol you are so FOS. It's the giving away of the free gun lock to lock your gun while not in use. Thereby preventing an ND by a five year old. Good grief. Take your misplaced bravado and outrage elsewhere.
    I don't think "misplaced bravado and outrage" means what you think it means. I have neither - what I have is disdain for your holier-than-thou attitude: "Gun owners should take responsibility for the power they hold. Bear responsibly."

I heard if you post in this thread you are a responsible INGO member.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I don't think "misplaced bravado and outrage" means what you think it means. I have neither - what I have is disdain for your holier-than-thou attitude: "Gun owners should take responsibility for the power they hold. Bear responsibly."

I heard if you post in this thread you are a responsible INGO member.

I hear if you post anti gander mountain and "we don't need no safety" posts it makes you super cool.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It's just another form of advertising to get you to come in and buy something else while your there. It's not a bad deal, but I keep all my guns in a safe anyway so the gun lock is not really necessary. Besides, if I were to add locks to my guns, I would prefer to have a set of locks with a common key.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Picked up a free cable lock at my local Library today,no questions asked. I'll be "responsible" buy not shopping at Gander Mountain.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I hear if you post anti gander mountain and "we don't need no safety" posts it makes you super cool.
    Ah, now I am seeing your confusion. Don't get down on yourself, once you have been around guns for a while you will learn that a gun "safety" has a specific meaning within the gun community - not to be confused with a gun lock. A gun lock may provide safety features, but a gun lock is not a safety. I haven't seen any safety bashing in a while, but this board has a lot of threads so I could have missed it.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I think the gun locks I have, the safe I have, the fact that if a gun is not on me then it is locked up and generally following the four rules is what makes me a responsible gun owner. Seriously, what the hell difference is saying a pledge going to make? Is this kindergarten?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Ah, now I am seeing your confusion. Don't get down on yourself, once you have been around guns for a while you will learn that a gun "safety" has a specific meaning within the gun community - not to be confused with a gun lock. A gun lock may provide safety features, but a gun lock is not a safety. I haven't seen any safety bashing in a while, but this board has a lot of threads so I could have missed it.
    Blah blah blah. You are missing the whole point. The point being Gander Mpuntain is encouraging gun safety without interfering with our RTKBA. And some people, yourself included, are criticizing GM for their efforts to encourage responsible use of firearms. You don't need a trigger lock, fine. No one said you need one. Why criticize a store or a gun owner that uses one in their gun safety plan. I know you and Cletus been around guns yer whole life and don't need no reminders or gizmos to be safe but there is a place for reminders in the general community.

You can keep deliberately misinterpreting my posts (I hope it's deliberate, otherwise...) in order to take cheap shots at me or you can grow up and recognize that there are many ways to be a responsible gun owner, many ways to keep guns safe while not in use, and making fun of people for advocating responsibility and safety is really pretty lame.

Ldog187

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I think it's a great idea to give out trigger locks or other safety equipment when there is a need. Gander Mountain also makes sure to give a trigger lock with all used weapons they sell if the weapon does not come with a lock of some sort. How is this even an issue? Keeping guns safe when not in use is one of the basic rules of gun ownership. Gander Mountain wants their customers to be safe and probably they want to cover their own butt by offering this.

Don't discourage others who have a need for one. I've read stories of kids shooting themselves with a loaded pistol that was not secured properly.

Blah blah blah. You are missing the whole point. The point being Gander Mountain is encouraging gun safety without interfering with our RTKBA. And some people, yourself included, are criticizing GM for their efforts to encourage responsible use of firearms. You don't need a trigger lock, fine. No one said you need one. Why criticize a store or a gun owner that uses one in their gun safety plan. I know you and Cletus been around guns yer whole life and don't need no reminders or gizmos to be safe but there is a place for reminders in the general community.

You can keep deliberately misinterpreting my posts (I hope it's deliberate, otherwise...) in order to take cheap shots at me or you can grow up and recognize that there are many ways to be a responsible gun owner, many ways to keep guns safe while not in use, and making fun of people for advocating responsibility and safety is really pretty lame.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Frankly, I'm offended at their suggestion that I have a gun that I'm not currently keeping secure.
    That's on you if you find that offensive. There are enough ND/ADs involving children each year to show us that not everyone keeps their guns secure. I highly doubt GM was singling you out with this campaign.

Ldog187

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Gander Mountain is committed to responsible firearms ownership, and the importance of guarding against firearms getting into the hands of the underage, untrained and unauthorized. We believe that with rights comes responsibility, so we’re encouraging individuals to take this pledge to secure their firearms.

I don't see anywhere in the promotion where is names "BigBoxaJunk" or "nakinate" as being irresponsible gun owners. It's just a promotion where they are giving away 50k gun locks to people who need/want them.

Why would you not jump at the chance for a free trigger lock (worth $9 - $15) and agree that you will keep your firearms safe, when you already are doing so? You never know when one might come in handy.

Are you offended when you say the Pledge of Allegiance too?

Frankly, I'm offended at their suggestion that I have a gun that I'm not currently keeping secure.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I don't see anywhere in the promotion where is names "BigBoxaJunk" or "nakinate" as being irresponsible gun owners. It's just a promotion where they are giving away 50k gun locks to people who need/want them.

Why would you not jump at the chance for a free trigger lock (worth $9 - $15) and agree that you will keep your firearms safe, when you already are doing so? You never know when one might come in handy.

Are you offended when you say the Pledge of Allegiance too?
    Why are you lumping me in with Bigboxajunk? I'm cool with free locks. And I never said I was offended, I said it was pointless and ineffective. And yes, the pledge of allegiance is a crock. I am as patriotic as they come, but I pledge allegiance to no man or institution of man.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    That's on you if you find that offensive. There are enough ND/ADs involving children each year to show us that not everyone keeps their guns secure. I highly doubt GM was singling you out with this campaign.

You're right; I was kindof kidding, but when you put it like that, Maybe there are better things to kid about.

Top Bottom