• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    :( I never had been to Gander mountain and was in Greenwood monday so I decided to stop in as I am looking for a 22 magnum rifle.I walked around amazed at all the hunting stuff they had and purchased a new coyote howler as well as some other stuff I found that I dont see most other stores around my home,then I decided to check out the rifles and looked up and down the firearms rack for about an hour and was unable to find out if they even had a 22 mag because nobody employed there would even ask if I wanted to see anything or what I was interested in looking at. So after 1 hour of trying to get someones attention I decided to find one somewhere else where someone would appreciate my business. So if someone happens to have a decent 22 mag rifle at a fair price I am interested.Thanks and thumbs down to Gander Mountain in Greenwood.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    There was another customer that was standing ther and I asked him if he seen a 22 mag as I could not read the tags from that distance and we talked loud enough that the workers standing around heard that I was interested and they never came over so if they dont care enough I dont iether.Anyways I should not have to ask its obvious when I was ther that long I was interested in something.

jstiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Greensburg
    Same here, I was at the greenwood store the other day looking at a 243 and no one would even make eye contact! I stood there for about 30m and decided to take my business elsewhere..

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    they're the same way at the Castleton store. Some of those guys will do about anything to avoid talking to a customer.
    Yes, they're afraid of customers because customers usually know far more about guns than those doofuses. They work by the hour and don't earn commission so it doesn't benefit them in any way to help you. Seriously though, those ppl at goose hill are so ignorant you are better off not getting them to open their mouth.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    although I have never bought a gun from them, the GM in Evansville has some decent rep's working for them. Some may not know much about gun's but if there not with another customer they will ask if you need help with anything. In fact if no one is at the counter with a customer they will walk around the aisle's and ask if they can help with anything..

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As a gun store they bite... but they have some big packs of candy (bunk house grab I thin k) near the register that are cool. Thats about it.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am not a gander hater like many on here and I would never trade in a gun but I was there today because I have a good amount of gift cards built up so i was looking around the gun area.

Some guy came in with a G26 and he was looking to sell it to them during their "we buy used" or whatever event. The guy behind the counter said it was super clean and the customer said it had less than 500 rounds. They offered him $210. He didnt take it but I was like holy crap.

I then went back and kept looking at over priced guns. Sometimes they ahve deals but you have to look for them.

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    I live in NWI and buy most of my ammo from the gander in Hobart. Staff is very helpful and i just bought my Sig M400 from there because they had the best price. Everyone in the gun/ammo section has been very knowledgable.

second place is first loser.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I went to Radio Shack to buy a fresh hog, those guys didn't know diddly squat about bacon, pork chops, or BBQ....I will never go back.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Worse is when they hound you like a dog going after your crotch.

I'd take having to raise my hand over being watched like a hawk.

Sometimes the crystal balls get cloudy and ya need to lite s fire in the counter to get someones attention. That is why I learned semaphore and smoke signals.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The one up here in NWI is not too bad. I usually go to other stores first, but the service is not too bad up in the Merrillville/Hobart one. I have even bought a used firearm there, as they had the best price.
    Personally, I know I like people leaving me alone until I have a question. Since most people are not mind readers, I dont mind them coming over to ask. But, I really don't mind going to find them when I want something. :twocents:

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    Gander Mountain experience

I am a little surprised that a person with the inclination to buy and use a gun doesn't have the courage to ask a clerk, excuse me..when you are done with him/her, could you please help me.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I am a little surprised that a person with the inclination to buy and use a gun doesn't have the courage to ask a clerk, excuse me..when you are done with him/her, could you please help me.

This. I never get helped there without being forward and the same is true with most LGS

Top Bottom