• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, I'm in gander mountain trying to spend some gift cards I got for Christmas the other day and the sales guy is helping me out and going over options. This other customer comes up and wants to be helped and my salesman says that he is busy right now, but if he can wait he will be helped when he is free. This other customer says something under his breath, throws his ticket on the counter and storms off. I thank the guy for finishing with me first and picked up a nice gun for a reasonable price and even got some ammo they had in back for people who buy guns so they have something to shoot. Feel bad for the guy that didn't have time to wait, but I got mine. Was actually pretty surprised with the customer service. :popcorn:

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    So I got a Gander Mountain giftcard for Christmas this year and went in to see what I could get. I'm in the market for a new gun and was wanting to fondle some ladies from the case in there. I would never buy a gun from there but they do have a nice selection. Nevertheless, I at least wanted to get my hands on something. So I grabbed a number and waited. And waited, and waited. I think it was around 30 minutes until someone finally responded when I asked to see something and I was promptly told they were too busy to help. I just tossed my number on the counter and walked out. Screw 'em. I wasn't going to spend any money there anyway, but they didn't know that. (edited for language) Hopefully I can sell or trade my giftcard because I won't spend a dime in there. Rant over.

I see what you did there....

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Glad you enjoyed your trip to rip off mountain.... first, anybusiness who hides ammo in the back to sell to gun buyers only can kick rocks and doesnt need my business. The fact you actually got good service is a plus, but I have had so much bad service from any gander mountain that I refuse to shop there.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    So, I'm in gander mountain trying to spend some gift cards I got for Christmas the other day and the sales guy is helping me out and going over options. This other customer comes up and wants to be helped and my salesman says that he is busy right now, but if he can wait he will be helped when he is free. This other customer says something under his breath, throws his ticket on the counter and storms off. I thank the guy for finishing with me first and picked up a nice gun for a reasonable price and even got some ammo they had in back for people who buy guns so they have something to shoot. Feel bad for the guy that didn't have time to wait, but I got mine. Was actually pretty surprised with the customer service. :popcorn:

and that's all that counts, right?

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    first, anybusiness who hides ammo in the back to sell to gun buyers only can kick rocks and doesnt need my business.

Gander always had ammunition for sale to the non-gun buying public, even if it was at exorbitant prices.

Not sure why you have a problem with a business wanting to make sure a gun buying customer has a good experience acquiring their new toy. Having a box of ammo set aside for each handgun you have for sale is good business in my book. Customers are more likely to purchase, if they can take it from store to range to try it out. Much more enjoyable than hunting around for months for a single box of ammo so they can experience the joy of their new toy.

My experience is that even outside the gun department, their customer service is lacking. I went looking for a compass yesterday. When I asked where I might find one, ( I was in the fishing department) the clerk responded, "If we have them in the store, they will most likely be in the camping department." Now the store is not that big. Someone in fishing should know what categorically is in camping.

This doesn't mean that I won't darken their doors again. I just don't expect much customer service. This means that I can browse in peace.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Glad you enjoyed your trip to rip off mountain.... first, anybusiness who hides ammo in the back to sell to gun buyers only can kick rocks and doesnt need my business. The fact you actually got good service is a plus, but I have had so much bad service from any gander mountain that I refuse to shop there.

So, you dont shop at alot of gun shops then do you?

and that's all that counts, right?

No, your right, the guy who tried to butt his way inbetween an employee and someone he was already helping desirves to get his first?

What is it with GM? You people hate it so much that you will suspend rationality in doing so.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    They can charge what they want to charge, that is fine. If it is too high, I won't buy it.

My problem with them is they keep their stuff behind the counter and don't hire enough people to help customers.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    So, you dont shop at alot of gun shops then do you?

No, your right, the guy who tried to butt his way inbetween an employee and someone he was already helping desirves to get his first?

What is it with GM? You people hate it so much that you will suspend rationality in doing so.

People who go there were schooled under the "no child left behind act". Threads about GM go here:
    Local Gun Shops

Not in the firearms discussion forum.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    7.5 out of 7.8

It was going to be 7.5 out of 11.7, but then people jumped in with both feet and that has to be worth some points.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I hear the fuss however they have been good to me. Yeah kids behind the counter can be a bit dumb at times but they are kids. One time kid was schooling me on a $500 scope. When I said I wanted the $65 scope he balked and asked some one else to help me. I told the next kid to call his boss and the first kid that refused to help. In short the manager and kid came over. I proceeded to explain I have about as many AR's as he has pimples on his right cheek and most have scoops older than him and back in the day cost about what he made in a pay period. On my way out I asked the kid to bring out the safe I had bought my daughter, and let him know the $65 red dot scope would fit just the same as the $500 in a 3k safe and that my daughter wouldnt know the difference at this point. My last purchase there was still $75 less than anywhere close to me.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Nice...and here I thought this was going to be another bash Gander thread.

Btw...as I was 'chastized' by someone with 2 sizes too small undies...I 'guess' spoof threads are to be in the break room section that way it is obvious its a joke...

I don't know the scoring systems...but humor was low...which drags it down...but i give it at least half points on whatever scale is popular today.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I hear the trash talking & can't figure out what the problem is. I shop they on frequently and like the place. Hey, just go to your Local gun store & pawn shops and leave Gander to folks who appreciate their presents. Really.... folks go there for things other than firearms & ammunition. It's a national chain store and the locals don't set prices. I know LGS who hold back ammo for shooting rang customers. Limits on ammo is common place today.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    They can charge what they want to charge, that is fine. If it is too high, I won't buy it.

My problem with them is they keep their stuff behind the counter and don't hire enough people to help customers.

As to GM prices, me too. However, I'm pretty sure the reason they put their guns behind the counter is because of the damage being done by tire kickers. I've seen 2-3 guns there with big scratches on the stocks and a Savage 93 with the magazine jammed in backwards so hard it wouldn't come out. I'd put my guns back where the idiots couldn't get to them, too. I might try to do a better job of staffing, though.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've never had bad service there, i've had a very good experience the one gun i've bought from there, and the price was surprising good, thats why i bought it a while ago, they have always been polite and taken their time. I understand prices are high, but if you owned gander mountain you are in it for money, same as everyone else who has a job. If they are getting people to buy then i dont see a problem with that. They arent lying or hiding anything from anyone. i personally love gander mountain, cuz when i'm bored i go there and browse their ridiculous selection, ask question, fondle whatever(gun) i want and see what my next project might be. if you want good ammo prices try out ks&e sports.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Some thing that really bothers me. I am talking to a sales person about a purchase. the telephone rings. He picks it up and converses with the phone person.
    when he finished with the call. He returned to me.
    I asked him why he picked up the phone. he replayed, " potential customer".
    I said, OK, when he walks in. You might get a sales. I turned and walked out.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    REALLY bothers you? Like on the scale of bother, would you place it closer to a stranger not acknowledging you when you say hi, or more like finding out you have rectal prolapse?

Have you ever been expected to render great customer service from every avenue in which it comes, AT THE SAME TIME???

If not, shut up, grow up, and learn to be understanding.

Top Bottom