• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I went to Gander mt Yesterday and I was surprised about all the guns they had. They had just about everything that I was looking for. So I got a number and waited. My number was called and I went up to the guy and said I would like to look at the Sig handguns. He said ok and went away and went in the back somwhere and didn't come back. So I waited a few minutes and just left. I don't know the reason He left and if He had told me something I would have understood what was going on. I have bought 2 handguns from them in the last 6 months and ammo but now I am not going back because of the way I was treated. I hope you guys get better service than I did.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    was it really busy? Did you talk to a manager about it? Sometimes people get told to go on breaks, or they get real busy and forget stuff, he may have had to run in the back real quick and then when back there his boss had him do something, i dunno, i wouldnt write it off after one time. Maybe give it a second chance, i've bought one gun from gander, i actually had a really good experience, better than a few a local shops around here, the guy was very nice, very knowledgeable, and the gun was a decent price, not awesome, but not bad at all. just saying ya never know, and i am not defending them, as their ammo prices are ridiculous

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ask for Miranda behind the gun counter. She's good and very professional. I don't stick around if she's not working. My experiences there are less than stellar with other sales people waiting on me.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    The sales rep just saved you money, as there really Aren't any deals Gander. I find them to be pretty high.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I was just there myself. Seems to be a recurring theme..

I don't buy guns there but needed some scope rings and couldn't find what I needed so I took a number and waited. Only took a couple minutes and the gentleman came out to help me. Well he gets an "important" phone call and goes to the back and doesn't come back. I continue to look for myself and another gentleman comes by and I ask him for help. He looks for a minute and says he can't find them and walks away..... I showered this morning I promise!

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Never been impressed with them. Mediocre service (when you get it). High pricing & usually don't have what I'm looking for. I MISS GALYAN'S!!:(

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I also find the prices there very high. I would suggest trying Plainfield Shooting Supply or Bradis. If they have what you are looking for I'm sure you will get a much better price and better customer service. So at the end of the day the sales rep may have actually done you a favor.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    They really make you take a number now? Guess I haven't been in since they improved their store. :rolleyes:

Improved is a relative term. I went to the Northside store recently to look at scopes and was less than impressed with there selection. Email Allen at A&A and had a Vortex at my door a few days later.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The sales rep just saved you money, as there really Aren't any deals Gander. I find them to be pretty high.
    ^^ this!!!
    my wife and I went in a couple weeks ago so I could try on some 5.11 shirts to get my comfortable size in the long sleeve winter versions. (Then I go buy them online :):

and i I wanted to take a stroll down the new massive long wall of guns they have. I couldn't believe some of the outrageously high prices and they were packed and people were buying. I wanted to find a megaphone and declare anyone buying guns an idiot :):

i dont ever ever go there to buy anything. They are on my boycott list. I just go there to check out new items and get clothes sizes to buy online.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't buy a lot at GM BUT....I do shop around and once every blue moon or so I'll find the best price there OR...They're the only game in town that has what I want. I don't like ordering online. Especially guns or clothing. I seem to have a high percentage of online issues and it's a P.I.A. to cure those woes sometimes.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Never been impressed with them. Mediocre service (when you get it). High pricing & usually don't have what I'm looking for. I MISS GALYAN'S!!:(

I always here that Galyan's was such a great store.

The obvious question is: why are they no longer with us?

Top Bottom