• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I went to Gander today to look around. Some of the employees are dicks. I wanted to look at a gun and they just looked at me as they talked. I have bought a lot of guns from them ( used ). Most of the guys are rude and dumb *sses. I don't understand why people buy new guns from them. Then they watched as some gang bangers pointed firearms at the people in the store. I left after telling one of the bangers if he pointed another gun at my son or me, that I will treat it as a threat. They looked at me and I said I don't know if it is loaded but I know mine is. Then the bigger one of the group said " sorry ". What pissed me off that the employee's watched but never said anything. As I walked out I looked back to see one of the bangers pointing a double barrel shotgun at his friends head.

Last edited:

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Castleton is not the only Gander Mtn that way, a few before Christmas I walked out of the Greenwood store. Went in with the money to buy the wife a new carry (PINK) Taurus 9mm the idiot behind the counter was more worried about his hair then the customers. After getting into my truck I sat in the parking lot and called the store and talked to the manager about this, he apologized but did not seem to be to concerned over this. They do have one guy at Greenwood that does seem to have it together and he can be found in a wheel chair, the guy really seems to be into working with the customer. The rest of those wanna-bes would be either unemployed or cleaning the bathroom if I were management.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    they are not educated on guns or anything.i have bought a few rifles there.they try to tell you things that a dummy would know better.ammo prices are out of this world' i hope they dont get someone hurt.each store should have at least one expert on duty.not just salesman.just my oppinian.there may be a good one or two in the bunch.if anyone knows for sure,please post

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    My wallet will not allow me to go to Gander. Usually anything I want I pick up can wait until the next gunshow where it is 20-30% cheaper. or I will order it through my folks gun shop. Not to often do I buy new.
    I stopped in at Gander one time to pick up a box of 44 mag ammo for a new Desert Eagle I bought. 50 rounds were $40!!! The hell with that place. Not to mention they treat you like :poop:. I have never had a good experiance there.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    What I do like about gander mountain is the long guns are out and easy to handle, allowing a customer to handle and look over many types of long guns without having to wait for some clerk who is busy and keep waving and asking "can I see that one now" that has allowed me to discover I like a few models I had mis-conceptions about before handling! Un-fortunatley the easy access seems to work both ways and a couple of boobs like u encounterd will ruin it for the rest of us when GM decides enough is enough and puts them behind counters! :rolleyes:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Castleton is not the only Gander Mtn that way, a few before Christmas I walked out of the Greenwood store. Went in with the money to buy the wife a new carry (PINK) Taurus 9mm the idiot behind the counter was more worried about his hair then the customers. After getting into my truck I sat in the parking lot and called the store and talked to the manager about this, he apologized but did not seem to be to concerned over this. They do have one guy at Greenwood that does seem to have it together and he can be found in a wheel chair, the guy really seems to be into working with the customer. The rest of those wanna-bes would be either unemployed or cleaning the bathroom if I were management.

Not to single you out or to be disrespectful but why would anyone buy a gun at GM, they all seem to be over priced and have you seen the prices on accesories?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I did pick up a nice P1 package there for $250 there but I haven't seen anything else I would buy and I drop by once in awhile when I am up that way just for something to do. The ammo prices are really high.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Every now and then you can get lucky at Gander on a used handgun. I managed a limited edition pistol there once. They had it priced for a standard one, which would be crazy high. I guess they didn't know how rare the piece was.

As for ammo, I decided to stop by yesterday (Saturday) just in case. The firearm area was a zoo, and what little stuff they had was their normal over price. Even the few "special sale" mark downs only brought the prices to the "just a bit high" range. Then I made the mistake of looking at the ammo prices. About had a heart attack when I saw that my favorite .22LR plinking stuff, CCI Blaizer was now $30 a brick. Was only a short time ago that it was $12 and not to long before that it was $8.00!!! Even the Remington "value" pack of 525 rounds was $25!!!!! Glad I don't need any right now!

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Not to single you out or to be disrespectful but why would anyone buy a gun at GM, they all seem to be over priced and have you seen the prices on accesories?

Because on Thanksgiving day I bought a used Sig P239 for $ 375. and a used Sig P230 for $ 275.00. Both looked unfired.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Strolled over to Gander Mtn. a little while ago while waiting on my wife in Chinamart. Been there a few times to browse but didn't really pay much attention to their prices until today.

A gentleman next to me was about to purchase a HK USPc .45 that was priced over $900. I told him he could find a much better price elsewhere (I paid $700 NIB for mine). They didn't have much in the used cases.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In MY experience, most of the full-time guys at the Greenwood store are good guys. They're all "older" and have been life-long shooters and/or reloaders.

One of the older fellers purports himself to be, but I don't think so.

I think that Brad's a nice guy...but isn't a "gun guy". There's been more than one instance where he didn't quite know how to operate one of the pistols I asked to see. BUT, everyone's got to learn sometime!

-J-

sjbyrne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    I was in the Greenwood store today and except for 9mm ball their ammo prices are totally obscene. They were always a little high, but now they're crazy!!! They had very little to choose from in both 9mm and especially 40S&W. You'd think at the prices they charge the selection would be fabulous due to no one buying.:dunno:

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    +1 repair. I live right by the GM in Castleton, I like to go there to check things out and buy small stuff (bug out bag stuff) but I would NEVER buy a gun there, the prices are ridiculous. Glock mags for $39.99? I paid over a hundred dollars less for my Glock at PSS. But I see people in there all the time filling out the 4473 form and I shake my head. Shop around!!!

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Selling guns at Gander has always seemed like an afterthought to the rest of the business. Most (certainly not all) of the salespeople act like they care less if any guns get bought, despite having a large selection (good), and slightly high prices (bad).

Top Bottom