• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blhawk1077

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok I am not the smartest person in the world, but I went into GM in castleton yesterday and has I looking for 7.62X39 one of their guys approached me and asked if he could help me, I told him that I was looking for 7.62X39, because all I could find was 54. He said yeah that is Russian ammunition, (I know that, i was buying it for a russian gun)They call that mini 30. Now I am not the in the world. I know that the mini 30 is a gun made by Ruger that uses 7.62X39 and he kept calling it mini 30. I guess he was trying to be smarter than me and show what he thought he knew. I pissed me off at first but I laugh about it now! :xmad::D I was buying for a russian gun, hey I didn't even need him to tell me that!

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I'm surprised that anyone came up to talk to you, my experience has been that unless I go right up to them and interrupt their co-worker conversation I don't get service. On a similar note, I was very dissatisfied with their gunsmith. Bought a used Beretta handgun and ran 150 rounds (three types of ammo) through it with more than 1 in 10 jamming. I go in to complain and he fires a few rounds of Winchester white box, then goes out to the shelf gets the SEVENTY DOLLAR A BOX remington and proceeds to fire a few more rounds. Explains to me how I must have been doing something wrong and tries to charge me $20 for the rounds he fired through it! I was/am very frustrated.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm surprised that anyone came up to talk to you, my experience has been that unless I go right up to them and interrupt their co-worker conversation I don't get service. On a similar note, I was very dissatisfied with their gunsmith. Bought a used Beretta handgun and ran 150 rounds (three types of ammo) through it with more than 1 in 10 jamming. I go in to complain and he fires a few rounds of Winchester white box, then goes out to the shelf gets the SEVENTY DOLLAR A BOX remington and proceeds to fire a few more rounds. Explains to me how I must have been doing something wrong and tries to charge me $20 for the rounds he fired through it! I was/am very frustrated.

Was he friendly to you? When I met the guy, I introduced myself and held out my hand. He said what do you need. Didn't introduce himself or shake my hand. Didn't even say his name, this is after waiting 15 minutes for anyone at the firearms desk to respond to me.

Then he said he needed atleast 50 dollars to replace my handgun sites (standard dovetail) even though it would only take a minute to do. I thought 30 would be tops so I left and did them myself with my buddies brass punch set for free.

For 50 bucks I could have bought my own brass punch set.

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Don't even bother with going to GM anymore...the local shops are usually much better in all aspects.

Beech Grove Firearms is an AWESOME place to deal with!! I just bought a new XD .40 from them last night. They have the best prices I've found around town, they are owned/operated by former/current LEO's, and they have a gunsmith that does very reasonable work. I know it's a bit of a drive from GF, but the next time you're in the Indy area, you should check them out.

:rockwoot:

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Damn! I just took my Rem. Sportsmans 48 in there to have it looked at. I read this thread too late. Anyone know of a good gunsmith on the north side I could use instead? I will be going to pick mine up from GM first chance I get.

Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    I went to Gander Mountain in Castleton for the first time yesterday and was shocked by their prices. Ammo was priced pretty high and the handguns prices were insane. A new Glock 19 was $600 and an XDM was $699. I've gotten used to Ludcos high prices but Gander Mountain has Fred beat.

mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County
    Since this is about GM I wonder if any of you have tried to sell a firearm to them. My experience is in the Fort Wayne Store.
    I took in a Walther P22 to get a price and was helped by a young guy behind the counter. After some discussion, he gave me a insulting price. Just to see what would happen, I went in again and was helped by a nice older gentlemen. He proceeded to go though the steps on how they price guns. Pulling out a Blue Book, he explained that they appraise the gun from the book and then offer a percent of that amount. He came up with a very reasonible number so I sold.
    I took another pistol in just yesterday and was given another insulting price. Then on the way out I was stopped by a clerk who had to make sure I was allowed to take gun out even though he saw me check it in.
    Not sure I will ever deal with GM again.

My first post. Been looking at this site for some time. Very good resource.

Last edited:

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I was in the one in Castleton yesterday. One gentalman took a nice long time helping me pick out a shotgun. I figured if I bought from them I would pay more but when I checked I got a fairly good deal on my Browning Citori.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Since this is about GM I wonder if any of you have tried to sell a firearm to them. My experience is in the Fort Wayne Store.
    I took in a Walther P22 to get a price and was helped by a young guy behind the counter. After some discussion, he gave me a insulting price. Just to see what would happen, I went in again and was helped by a nice older gentlemen. He proceeded to go though the steps on how they price guns. Pulling out a Blue Book, he explained that they appraise the gun from the book and then offer a percent of that amount. He came up with a very reasonible number so I sold.
    I took another pistol in just yesterday and was given another insulting price. Then on the way out I was stopped by a clerk who had to make sure I was allowed to take gun out even though he saw me check it in.
    Not sure I will ever deal with GM again.

My first post. Been looking at this site for some time. Very good resource.

That probably happened because of the guy that walked out the door with two AR's about a week ago.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/40603-two_ar_s_stolen_from_ft_wayne_gander_mtn.html

I've only bought cleaning supplies from Gander and that's only if I'm already in Ft. Wayne and I can't live without a bottle of Hoppes for a day.

Top Bottom