• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Only 2 stores in Ft. Wayne that don't give price over the phone.

Awesome, that helps Gander out more than ever

Only two of sixty shops in the area don't quote price

I know haters gona hate, just the way life is, but a big box store like this doesn't care if an employee marks down a few guns to a lower price to match a LGS. It sells 95% at marked cost so allowing employees to transfer a Glock 19 for $469.99 to match Midwest Guns isn't a biggie.

Yeah, because losing money always helps a business out :rolleyes:

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, because losing money always helps a business out :rolleyes:

Yeah I phrased that poorly, kind of an incomplete thought. To be honest I'm experiencing more and more people showing up with adds for safes, guns, and ammo. I feel like word is getting around and it's bringing in a brand of shooter that originally would of been more likely to shop at Gander for bobbers instead of bullets. So in that aspect it helps. But, like you mentioned if a LGS were to give some kind of ultra lowball I just use the lowest sale price I've seen at Gander, or can remember getting quoted from another store. For example Gander typically runs a sale twice a year where every in stock Glock is $399 so I use that. If the customer is looking for less still I just send them to the shop they had me quote for the $200 dollar deal :). Shoot, I end of sending most people to The new Wrigley's, Freedom, and Ranger just because we don't carry a lot of the accessories people are looking for. No commision kind of changes the behind the counter dynamic (for the better and the worse.)

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I just left GM. I asked about the ammo and was told they have typically been putting out about $40,000 of ammo a week. He said that has been lasting until about noon. Corporate told them they should start receiving 2 to 3 times that every week. He wan't sure if it was going to start this week or not.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    When I was at Castleton this morning I overhead an employee telling someone else that they're going to try doing more trucks and do them at night

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I stopped by the Greenwood store tonight and have to say, I'm impressed with what they have. There are more guns in that store than I've seen in the last 5 shops combined. The prices are still Gander prices, but are close to what I've seen at some of the local shops right now. For instance, they have a CZ 75 Compact for $599, a Cannick (nice looking CZ 75 clone) for $479 and Armalite AR24K for around $550. They had a CZ 97, and a P7 as well. It has been a long time since I've seen that kind of selection in just CZ format guns.

Maybe it was the new carpet smell that got to me, but I ended up buying this while I was there. It's a 1944 Remington Rand M1911A1. I've been promising myself I'd pick up a WWII vintage 1911 one day and could not pass this one up for the price.
    IMAG1724_zpsd8d6d3af.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I stopped by the Greenwood store tonight and have to say, I'm impressed with what they have. There are more guns in that store than I've seen in the last 5 shops combined. The prices are still Gander prices, but are close to what I've seen at some of the local shops right now. For instance, they have a CZ 75 Compact for $599, a Cannick (nice looking CZ 75 clone) for $479 and Armalite AR24K for around $550. They had a CZ 97, and a P7 as well. It has been a long time since I've seen that kind of selection in just CZ format guns.

Maybe it was the new carpet smell that got to me, but I ended up buying this while I was there. It's a 1944 Remington Rand M1911A1. I've been promising myself I'd pick up a WWII vintage 1911 one day and could not pass this one up for the price.
    IMAG1724_zpsd8d6d3af.jpg

I saw that one, decent deal for the price.

Jeepers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Gander stepped it up a notch that's for sure. The new layout is loaded with guns and ammo, although they didn't have any 223 or 9mm when I was there. Lots more clothing on display also. Looks like they chopped down camping, fishing, and archery.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Stopped at one today, still mid transition so stuff is everywhere. Had a few boxes of 9,40,&45, barnes pd stuff. Had some uber priced 22 top o da line rem ammo for 25 bucks a box of 50, ouch. The gun section was average, although the tool behind the counter was talkin nonsense to some poor sap who prolly didnt know better.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    the reason why they are stocked is because they are turning the entire back wall into a "gun world" a separate franchise within gander, the ganders with the gun world get priority over the others for gun stock

Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I know I will never take advantage of Gander's "Gun trade in" deal again. Idiot tried to offer me $90 for my ruger 10/22 cause he said it was only 75% of excellent condition. I laughed and walked way!! I am bias but I would have put my gun next to their new ones due to its condition.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I know I will never take advantage of Gander's "Gun trade in" deal again. Idiot tried to offer me $90 for my ruger 10/22 cause he said it was only 75% of excellent condition. I laughed and walked way!! I am bias but I would have put my gun next to their new ones due to its condition.

That's not just Gander Mountain. A gun shop isn't going to give you high value for a trade in. They intend to make money.

If you want more money, sell it yourself.

Top Bottom