• ...and so much more!
  • PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    May has I an grammar lesson please now?

InGun ain't no board for english lessons. Get the main idea and reply, or move the fork up, $mart-pant$. Pat

You know, I can raise a lot of questions from this. For instance, why does improper gunsmithing make you a pansy? Or why didn't you just clean your shotgun yourself? Also, is english your first language?

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    I'd only comment that they seemed to have raised their prices to take advantage of the (political) situation and I'll have a hard time shopping there because of it. If prices are competitive like they have been in the past when I lived near one in another State I might buy something. "Might"...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A comment on pricing...I can understand if their prices are not as low as Walmart's, but when a 100rd box of 40S&W WWB is $29 at Walmart and $49 at Gander, well, that makes it tough not to go to Walmart, especially now that the feeding frenzy for ammo seems to be over. I mean, if it were $35 or so, some of us might bite once in a while, if only not to wait in line behind some Dumb & Dumber extras...

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Like most have commented, some of their prices are too high and they give you a harder time than they should when you ask to price match.

I think everyone knows their ammo prices are ridiculous. In their new guns they run 50-75 higher than most. I bought a new .44 mag 1894 at dicks for 469.00 on sale. everyday price was 499.00. Gander had it for 549.00 and gave me crap on a price match so I just walked out.

I only shop at gander when I want to hold something I can't find anywhere local and buying online with tax evens Ganders price.

I will say there is one guy at the gun counter at Greenwood who is a super great guy. He is mid 50's, grey hair and glasses. Slender guy. Just a top notch guy. He is polite and very helpful.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i just laugh watching the people behind the counter most days.they grab a gun out of the case.then careless bump the gun into the 2 guns next to it while putting it back.then they try and sell you these scratched up pistols and rifles for a new price.no thank you!

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I agree with most of the other posts about Gander.
    Castleton is the only Gander I've been to, and I am highly disappointed for one reason or another each time I've gone there.

My thoughts:
    1. customer service is poor (not Pop's poor, but poor)
    2. pricing is silly. I understand they have to make a buck, but Galyans seemed to make a ton of firearms sales at reasonable prices... why can't Gander/Dicks?
    3. Selection is stupid. There are tons of rifles/shotguns that share 90% of the same features/calibers/price. Gander used to advertise the largest selection in town. I scoff at 'large selections'. I will browse 'interesting and affordable selections'.
    Also: low-quality/expensive/obscure brands are abundant.
    Do some dang research on what people want to buy and stock accordingly.
    4. pistol selection is silly too. Bbranch out and stock what people want to buy, not what's pricey, pretty, or the newest video game fad. (<cough> Five seveN <cough>)
    5. their EBR selection is laughable, as is the pricing on anything that looks remotely 'tactical'. There is a HUGE market for such items; act like it. (a pistol-grip mossy 500 for more than $300? Seriously?)

I don't know how or why stores like this manage to stay in business. It is infinitely easier to find better prices on the internet and FFL transfer your way to exactly what you want. Also, even accounting for shipping costs, buying ammo online is significantly less costly than at Gander.

My best advice: stock up on more powder/primers/reloading supplies. The haz-mat shipping costs are prohibitive for the individual, making this category the only one in the whole dang firearms section worth the trip.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom