• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Based on disqualifying information disclosed to the potential sellers, it's clear that the real interest was not to determine the ease of acquiring a firearm and prove or disprove the myth, but rather to find people who will commit the crime of knowingly selling to a disqualified person.

And ignore a serious offense of scamming.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why would you want to tie their hands like that, they are feds after all.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why would you want to tie their hands like that, they are feds after all.

Not tracking - the GOA is a bunch of accountants, not LE. Heck, INGO had a meltdown at the thought of the USDA having guns.

Personally, I'm fine with federal govt. organizations having clear boundaries not to be overstepped.

If the GOA got scammed, let them report it to the FBI just like if any of us got scammed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not tracking - the GOA is a bunch of accountants, not LE. Heck, INGO had a meltdown at the thought of the USDA having guns.

Personally, I'm fine with federal govt. organizations having clear boundaries not to be overstepped.

If the GOA got scammed, let them report it to the FBI just like if any of us got scammed.

My point entirely. They ignored it in the sense of passing this on to an agency that would address this on possibly a Federal level.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My point entirely. They ignored it in the sense of passing this on to an agency that would address this on possibly a Federal level.

I'm not sure that can be concluded. There's no particular details about any transaction and, after re-reading, I don't think it's safe to assume they simply shrugged it off.

But, then again, maybe they did. It does happen to us commoners as well.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Wonder if the INGO guy trying to buy a gun from me a couple of years ago was GOA, ATF, FBI, CIA, or just STUPID. He told me he wouldn't do any paperwork because he wanted a gun with "no paper trail". He was for sure NO SALE!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wonder if the INGO guy trying to buy a gun from me a couple of years ago was GOA, ATF, FBI, CIA, or just STUPID. He told me he wouldn't do any paperwork because he wanted a gun with "no paper trail". He was for sure NO SALE!

Was it ATM? :dunno:

There's nothing illegal about that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would, if there was no law against it, it would be "LEGAL".

That is not to say that I wouldn't practice discretion, there are proper persons that I would not sell to.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Uh, that's one of the primary reasons I prefer to purchase used guns from private individuals and I don't try to hide it when making a deal.

Top Bottom