• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Just as a bonus I think all my employees are on INGO. This is how we team build at work.
    546700_460377403993264_584820174_n.jpg

Nice range... too bad too people have started dis-respecting his property and he has started shutting it down one range at a time until people fess up to the property damage...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hey guys,

I own 1st Choice Doors, LLC. we are a garage door company in Avon, IN. We are a smaller 5 person door company and take care of all your needs. If you have any questions feel free to message me or call us at 317-721-3667. We run specials on springs sometimes for 119.00 for one and 149.00 for both. I would happily do this for any INGO members. Rw20kr43 what you have is a Wayne Dalton Torque Master. They have little springs inside the shaft. The springs break sooner since they are so small and under higher stress. The best and cheapest option is to do a spring conversion which switches to standard torsion springs and get you away from Wayne Dalton's system. This will save money both now and in the future.

Just as a bonus I think all my employees are on INGO. This is how we team build at work.
    546700_460377403993264_584820174_n.jpg

Marcweid just left my house and did an OUTSTANDING JOB on my garage door! If you need help with your door, I would recommend him in a heartbeat. In fact, I have decided to make him the Official Overhead Door Service Company of Miguel ™

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Getting ready to call Marc now. Went out to discover the spring on my double door broken this morning and it's the 2nd time it's happened in the 4 years I've owned the house. What should I make out of 2 springs breaking on the same door in this amount of time?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Getting ready to call Marc now. Went out to discover the spring on my double door broken this morning and it's the 2nd time it's happened in the 4 years I've owned the house. What should I make out of 2 springs breaking on the same door in this amount of time?

You can conclude that everyone uses cheap Chinese made springs. My 1st set lasted >18 years of 2-4 cycles per day.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I have to say that we have got several customers from word of mouth on here. I personally I have received so much valuable gun information and just good conversation with good like minded people. I think it's time to become a site sponsor.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We are about to sell our house. I didn't want anything to go wrong after the buyers get in there, so we replaced both springs for $210.

Isn't selling a house fun? I just spent about $900 repairing things that were essentially not broken. I've lived in the house for 15 years and upgraded a whole host of things. A home inspector points out some things that are not dangerous, not broken, working just fine (not from my work; they all that preexisted my time in the house), but not up to his interpretation of the standards and suddenly I'm living in a death trap. The killer- not good enough to repair and re-inspect, they must be repaired by professionals.

Anyhoo, it's done and the deal goes forward. I guess I shouldn't complain, my house sold for a decent price after being on the market for 11 days.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana

They do sell extra life springs, supposed to last a lot longer. Not just heavy duty but extended life. I think the spring is stronger but has more coils so it does not stress the metal as much. I think I have a link somewhere for them. Might have to specify when they replace them. Most probably stock the standard ones.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Get a spray can of garage door spring lubricant..........NOT WD40!

OK... Why not WD-40?

They say a man can fix anything with WD-40 and duct tape:
    If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it.
    If it doesn't move and it should, WD-40 it.
    In other situations, it's fine, leave it the hell alone. :):

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The WD in WD40 stands for water displacement. It is not a very good lubricant, especially for high pressure/stress conditions. When I had both my garage door springs replaced a year ago, the installer, who didn't sell me the lube, was adamant that WD40 is of little-to-no value in this application. I use a spray product called Ideal Garage Door Lubricant. No drips, no mess. I apply it about every 6 months.

I wish I knew who "they" are. "They" are wrong more often than not. :)

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Springs are rated for cycles. So the more you use them the more they fatigue. Plus if they are using lighter springs and winding them tighter is will fatigue them faster.

Check this link... Torsion Spring FAQ's

Shows the extra life springs. They sell springs and a lot of them. Your can sure dial in a door if you know the specs. I don't see prices for the extra life. Just the standard ones, maybe I missed them. Springs are dangerous but so is a table saw. Got to pay attention to what you are doing. Lot of info on their site.

Top Bottom