• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    A woman in my subdivision had one Friday and Saturday 7am- 1pm and i have never seen so much traffic in 2 days and the amount she sold was unreal..she put up a single sign and people were walking over each other to get in the deals..

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    A trick to Garage Sales is to find a big piece of cardboard, let your kids write it out in big letters with an arrow and address.

As a rule of thumb, people who tend to buy nice new signs for their Sales often have outlandish prices on their items.

I went to one where a lady had tons of Craftsmen tools, I thought Jackpot! She had one tool box marked $5, I thought *JACKPOT* I went to pay and she started counting all the tools and came up with over $400. I thought it was a joke, but no... She looked at me like I was an idiot for not knowing she wanted 2-3x's full retail because it had aged many years in her garage. I wished her a good day and left.

Some of the best finds I have made in garage sales were places that all my senses told me not to stop because it was all *Junk*.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Went to a garage sale in the ritzy part of town where all the doctors live in their million-dollar houses. They had beat-up Payless shoes and worn-out Route 66 (Kmart brand) Jeans for $5 a pair.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The GF and I like to go garage sailin' as we call it. Unfortunately when they start on Thursdays all the "good" junk is gone by the time we have an opportunity to go on Saturdays since we both have regular jobs.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I did one garage sale by myself and it was a long time before I did another. When I did do the other sale, my niece and I had a double family sale. I lived on a big corner lot so she brought stuff to my house and we used color coded stickers to keep our $$ split right.
    It ended up being an almost even split of nearly a grand and a half. Best sale ever. I never want to do another one because I know it won't be that good and I'll just be disappointed. :):
    Truthfully, we had some really decent stuff...Some Fenton glass pieces, china cabinets, framed oil paintings, etc. (or we wouldn't have done so well).

Top Bottom