• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Well economics 101. Weaken the US dollar and commodity prices rise. Oil rises, wholesale gas rises. Anyone who knew ahead of time about the massive U.S. printing of money in order to by it's own debt is making a killing. Economics indicate that massive increases in the money supply causes inflation and weakens the U.S. Dollar. Either Obama has no clue how economics work or his handlers are making a killing at the expense of the U.S. citizen.

Gas this morning at the local gas station was $3 a gallon. Didn't take long to get back up there. Obama said $4 and $5 dollar a gallon gas was necessary in order for him to fundamentally change the U.S. The agenda continues.

cadan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Well economics 101. Weaken the US dollar and commodity prices rise. Oil rises, wholesale gas rises. Anyone who knew ahead of time about the massive U.S. printing of money in order to by it's own debt is making a killing. Economics indicate that massive increases in the money supply causes inflation and weakens the U.S. Dollar. Either Obama has no clue how economics work or his handlers are making a killing at the expense of the U.S. citizen.

Gas this morning at the local gas station was $3 a gallon. Didn't take long to get back up there. Obama said $4 and $5 dollar a gallon gas was necessary in order for him to fundamentally change the U.S. The agenda continues.
    Those who know about this not make a killing, they are just suffering less than everyone else. When you see rising prices of the things they now own, realize it is not that they are gaining wealth, but the "yardstick" for measuring that wealth (the US dollar) is shrinking.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    I read in another thread Ron Paul is going to be in charge of the committee which oversee's the FED. If any of you have not read his books on the subject please do so. If reading hurts too bad the library has the books on cd for your commute. Far too much of what society considers wealth is actually trash. A man's word, how he treats his wife, children and animals mean far more to me than how much paper that the FED prints by the boxcar load he has.

_OZ_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    In Search of the Holy Grail
    News last night said gas was going up because of a broken oil/gas line near Chicago... this happened about a month ago when a line broke over in IL and prices went up about 25 cents..
    Not sure but it seems odd that one line broke can do this..
    But you are correct about Obama not knowing how things work, his admin is around 90% scholars and 10% people from the real world... most admins have it 50/50, 60/40, but never so it all achademics who never had a job run a county...
    One reason that mostly Governors run for pres, they have some back ground in running a state.
    oh well.... just have to hold off on gas for a while...... :(

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Plus it snowed. I think we've all learned by now, it doesn't take much for the gas prices to hike.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Another thing that can make gas prices go up is an improving economy - when people have more spending money, they do more stuff and consequently drive around more, plus all the suppliers are sending out more trucks full of stuff for them to buy.

Not sure that's the case right now, but it is an effect that does happen.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You are kidding yourself if you think Obama and his team are to stupid to know what they are doing. They know exactly what they are doing and what they hope to gain from doing it.

cadan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I read in another thread Ron Paul is going to be in charge of the committee which oversee's the FED. If any of you have not read his books on the subject please do so. If reading hurts too bad the library has the books on cd for your commute. Far too much of what society considers wealth is actually trash. A man's word, how he treats his wife, children and animals mean far more to me than how much paper that the FED prints by the boxcar load he has.

I think it is still speculative as to whether or not he will get the position. I hope he does. So far I've only read one of Ron Paul's books. It was good. The source of his ideas is the Austrian school of economics. The site mises.org has done a good job of disseminating the same knowledge - there are many short articles, and over 1000 books that can be downloaded for free.

Top Bottom