• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just returned from Tennessee where I bought gas for $3.49. Ive never seen such a difference in prices between here and there. $.05 - $.10 I can understand and that's the typical swing in the past. Has anybody heard a reason for Indiana drivers getting the screws so badly now?

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Getting ready for a trip from AZ to IN....what's average gas price running for in IN?? Or anyone have a trust worthy website they use?

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I am currently in Kingsport TN for work and fuel in this town is under $3.30/gal makes me mad returning to IN and seeing it approaching $4

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They are blaming pipeline problems in the Chicago area for our high prices. Seems like when they have problems with the pipeline, prices skyrocket. Would be nice if we could build more refineries and better pipelines, but since our government controls production, and prefers hot air to usable fuel, we pay at the pump.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    I did a job in 2002 at the marathon refinery in Robinson Illinois and the marathon station just out side of the plant was just as high forty miles away. I saw gas tonight at 3.77 outside of Vincennes. It raises as you come north. I think gas prices are related to excuses and nothing else,they eagerly look for any "bad news" so they can jack the prices up. High gas killed the economy in 08 and they could easily do it again. People were making their mortgages payments until gas consumed too much of their income. I'm surprised walmart doesn't buy Exxon so they could get 90% of the take home pay in the U.S.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I got an email from Gasbuddy.com a couple days ago that said something about a pipeline closing which would restrict fuel to the midwest. It said to buy gas that day before it went up to over $4. I'm glad I did! If you guys aren't members of Gasbuddy I strongly recommend it, you can look up the cheapest gas prices in your area and it sends you alerts that save you green.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How can the loss of a single pipeline and the resulting impact on a region of the country be a sound strategic plan? Why would we allow our country to be in such a precarious position? (I know...I know...) I remember a few years ago a pipeline failure in Tennessee resulted in gas scarcity, not just higher prices there. I had friends that were in middle tennessee that said they could hardly even find gas for several days.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    They didn't sell enough over Memorial Day Weekend to make the profit needed.I've heard, the government is looking into the high profits big oil company's have made the last 2 years so it comes down to;you made a ****load of money, and we want some for ourselves.

Top Bottom