• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've never done it my self, but from what I've been told, making this claim means you have some very strict rules you have to follow.

Spasmo works 100% remotely and we can't even write off our internet connection because we use it for personal use as well as for business. You'd think we could at least pro-rate it, but no.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Agreed.

Also, all those various retailers don't advertise their prices on giant signs that we see each and every time we pass. There are also options/competitors in the clothing, food, and some other basic necessities that allows us to shop around so that we can spend our money as we can afford or see fit.

The cost and readily available supply of fuel has a direct impact on our life styles. Most of those other things can be delayed until funding can be obtained but purchasing fuel cannot. As it increases, it can impact discretionary spending and should it become too costly or rare, it will require many of us to have to move closer to work or develop lifestyle changing alternatives for commuting to and from work.

In my best Fran Drescher voice. Oh my god, the horror.

I realize that the owner of a good setting his own price is such a foreign concept these days. Don't like high gas prices, ride a bike. Don't like high ammo prices, don't shoot. My industry is heavily affected by high fuel prices. I can go to the pump a cry my tears while I pay or I can do something about it.

We as Americans waste a lot of fuel for the most unproductive purposes. I'll burn gas to go watch others burn gas around the track. I'll burn gas so I can keep the ac running while I sit in the parking lot while the wife shops. I'll burn gas driving my 5-10 mpg motor home to the campground every weekend. After all, I'm entitled to my lifestyle and the oil industry is not entitled to a profit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In my best Fran Drescher voice. Oh my god, the horror.

I realize that the owner of a good setting his own price is such a foreign concept these days. Don't like high gas prices, ride a bike. Don't like high ammo prices, don't shoot. My industry is heavily affected by high fuel prices. I can go to the pump a cry my tears while I pay or I can do something about it.

We as Americans waste a lot of fuel for the most unproductive purposes. I'll burn gas to go watch others burn gas around the track. I'll burn gas so I can keep the ac running while I sit in the parking lot while the wife shops. I'll burn gas driving my 5-10 mpg motor home to the campground every weekend. After all, I'm entitled to my lifestyle and the oil industry is not entitled to a profit.

Why should any of that have any bearing on how people accept price spikes of $.50/gal at a wack? If you don't want to cry about the spikes or read about folks complaining about them, don't. But there are a lot of folks that don't got to Cubs games and pay $50 to park or sit in the car running their AC, while their wives park that are affected by these changes that have cut back and changed their lifestyles. From what I've read, we're consuming gas at a level less than 2008; we've got so much gas that we're no longer burning that we're exporting it from our refineries now. Most reasonable folks I know don't care how much money Exxon makes. But when they see prices jump for suspicious reasons and knowing how it will affect their lives (descretionary or not; directly and indirectly), it's only natural to ask why.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why should any of that have any bearing on how people accept price spikes of $.50/gal at a wack? If you don't want to cry about the spikes or read about folks complaining about them, don't. But there are a lot of folks that don't got to Cubs games and pay $50 to park or sit in the car running their AC, while their wives park that are affected by these changes that have cut back and changed their lifestyles. From what I've read, we're consuming gas at a level less than 2008; we've got so much gas that we're no longer burning that we're exporting it from our refineries now. Most reasonable folks I know don't care how much money Exxon makes. But when they see prices jump for suspicious reasons and knowing how it will affect their lives (descretionary or not; directly and indirectly), it's only natural to ask why.

My concern is where all this *****ing is ultimately going to lead. Most here won't openly say it knowing they'll get blasted for it but I have zero doubts there are those here that want government to intervene with gas "gouging". It's the same attitude with ammo.

Most regulations and government interference have not been the brain child's of the tyrants in Washington. They hear the demands of voters to "do something" so do something they do. And it gets worse every time.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    We have just as much a right to complain as they have a right to raise prices. I doubt they'll make any laws to stop the rise. Too many kick backs to the guys on the Hill for that.

Did they cap the price of gas during the 1970s shortages? I honestly don't know, but it seems relevant to the discussion if somebody does.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My concern is where all this *****ing is ultimately going to lead. Most here won't openly say it knowing they'll get blasted for it but I have zero doubts there are those here that want government to intervene with gas "gouging". It's the same attitude with ammo.

Most regulations and government interference have not been the brain child's of the tyrants in Washington. They hear the demands of voters to "do something" so do something they do. And it gets worse every time.

I don't disagree.

I also believe the .gov has culpability in this and the *****ing might also result in removal to entry for new competitors that may help the customer if only some regulation(s) were removed.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Why is gas $2.99 on the East side, and $3.45 still here on the NW side?! I need to fill up, but refuse to because it's so expensive on this end.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yesterday morning Greenfield was at 2.99 and by the afternoon they were all at 3.59! A .60 cent jump in a day, that would translate to an additional 12.00 to fill the tank. That is crazy.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    Looks like another price spike happening. I see a few Speedway stations at 3.75. Still 3.36 in my area for now.(Indy south side)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Here, I saw one station up to $3.55, the Sprint or whatever it is at the 37/50 intersection south of Bedford was testing $3.75 but I was able to still get it at $3.35 in Mitchell this evening.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    $3.20 to $3.75 today. Lemme guess, the Blue Rhino factory explosion is sending gasoline prices higher as grillers switch to gasoline to BBQ burgers?

Top Bottom