• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Wait until everyone gets fuel surcharges for all of these delivery truck and dump trucks. As a owner operator it sucks.
    But wait...when gas got crazy years ago, food and supply prices shot up, and rightfully so, due to the higher cost of fuel. When gas prices dipped substantially, those food and supply prices didn`t decline. Isn`t that fuel surcharge already built in now? :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My brother was reminding me diesel prices rose a lot with the additive mandates. When I saw the pic with 46 cent gas my thought was that is near the equivalent of the tax now, and I wonder how much cost additives add to the cost of raw gas. Someone asked why the pump price is higher than when a barrel of oil was at these prices before, maybe part of it is additives mandated…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But wait...when gas got crazy years ago, food and supply prices shot up, and rightfully so, due to the higher cost of fuel. When gas prices dipped substantially, those food and supply prices didn`t decline. Isn`t that fuel surcharge already built in now? :dunno:
    Not sure the premise is even true. Is this your perception or is this documented?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It was well documented at that time. You can research it to your hearts content. Why would this even be in question? It`s the natural consequence of costs increasing.
    I can tell you I saw changes in at least some prices. The fuel surcharges were removed from my bills. You made the point. The burden is on you if your point is questioned. Others are not responsible to prove your points.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I can tell you I saw changes in at least some prices. The fuel surcharges were removed from my bills. You made the point. The burden is on you if your point is questioned. Others are not responsible to prove your points.
    Just like we`re innocent unless proven guilty, you must prove I'm incorrect. Nice try though...:stickpoke:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just like we`re innocent unless proven guilty, you must prove I'm incorrect. Nice try though...:stickpoke:
    No Greg, that is not how debate works. This is not a freaking criminal trial. You made a point, I call poppycock, things run in open markets, over time prices will change to market value.

Derbster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Lawrenceburg
    That is true. When I started my truck in 2020 fuel was $1.99 -$2.29 a gal.
    Back in 2008 wasn’t fuel over $4.00 a gal for a little while?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There were declines in food AFTER Trump was elected. Keep in mind as fuel costs declined labor rates were rising…

Top Bottom