• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    :laugh: well dont tell thet to everyone then they will know theres no consequences for anything. when someone murders someone else, is god the ones who knocks on his door to deliver justice??? NOPE

Yeah I totally stopped referring to myself in the celestial sense ages ago. Thats so 90's.:)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    2.) A few folks are telling the OP to get formal training. Interesting to note that when polls are posted on INGO about "what if training were to be required to get an LTCH", the vast majority say "NO" - yet when a story such as this pops up, there are people who think that training isn't such a bad idea after all.

carrying a firearm is your right! you shouldnt have to be licensed or harrased and made go through training before carrying it. but people have laid down and compromised to keep some rights so now we need licensed to even carry. but even though i dont believe training should be required to carry a gun, i do believe that people should be responsible enough to realize that when they carry they hold lives in their hands, besides just theirs, so responsible adults should get trained on their own, no matter how basic it is. a lot of people dont think they need training because theyve had guns since they were a kid. well that dont mean crap. so did i and i can tell you i realy didnt learn sh** until i was in the military. i thought i knew it all growing up, but i didnt know the half of it. so please get trained.

ABCIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hey Norsk, I think you done good. :yesway:

I've not been through any formal handgun training, but taken enough and taught enough martial arts to think you handled yourself well.

You saw a possible threat approach, you didn't hesitate to take some precaution. You stepped back and turned your firearm away from the subject and covered it to be ready. This was very important, if you needed to draw. You put some sort of obstruction between you and the possible threat, and then assessed the situation further. After discussion, you didn't feel like he was a threat any longer and you took action with precaution and stayed alert.

Now, did you get scammed? If he was lying to you, then by definition yes. BUT, did you feel like you had to give him money or just did it to help the guy out. It wasn't coerced (if that's the right word). Do you feel like he stole the money from you, or do you feel good about helping out someone in need?

Advice I've given my wife and daughters; Always get out of the car to fill it up with the windows closed and the keys in your hand or pocket. If you're feeling threatened or even uncomfortable, you can lock your car (key fob in your hand or pocket) and go in the gas station. If attacked (and unarmed), most key fobs have an emergency button (thought my 18 yr old daughter would of kicked his *** first; I don't ever spar with her). If you're going inside, let them know about the situation and have them call the cops if needed. Remember also that they have security cameras for the plate number if you don't get it.

I'm sure others will tear me apart for this, but it's my :twocents:.

ABC

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    carrying a firearm is your right! you shouldnt have to be licensed or harrased and made go through training before carrying it. but people have laid down and compromised to keep some rights so now we need licensed to even carry. but even though i dont believe training should be required to carry a gun, i do believe that people should be responsible enough to realize that when they carry they hold lives in their hands, besides just theirs, so responsible adults should get trained on their own, no matter how basic it is. a lot of people dont think they need training because theyve had guns since they were a kid. well that dont mean crap. so did i and i can tell you i realy didnt learn sh** until i was in the military. i thought i knew it all growing up, but i didnt know the half of it. so please get trained.

I absolutely agree with you. I don't like the idea of mandated training either, but I understand its purpose within the law if it were to ever materialize.

I am of the belief that 99% of the carrying population would use deadly force as a last resort. I also believe that a huge chunk of that population STILL wouldn't shoot, because of their conscience of the likelihood of taking another person's life.

We all have our opinions, but there aren't a whole lot of people around here who can say they've ever HAD to pull their weapon, based on the other thread here regarding the subject. And if you read that thread, you'd notice that even then no one fired (except LEO), so the outcomes are not known had they not even been carrying.

Having said that, I become neutral to the subject altogether. If we were to be mandated to take training courses, it's not a bad thing, aside from the *****ing and moaning about our rights.

Top Bottom