• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kycrawler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    the countrymark co-op on state rd 32 in lebanon has premium 93 octane iirc with no ethanol last i checked 87 octane was 3.59 and no ethanol was about 4.10 per gal

i get to lebanon every other weekend and fill the transfer tank in the bed of my truck and pump it into a 500 gal tank her on the farm small engines run much better on non eth gas my truck gets better mileage also

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Because it is. Wears down parts faster, breaks down faster, attracts moisture due to the ethanol, may be others, :dunno:

Yes ethanol, all alcohols, attracts moisture and ties it up allowing it to be combusted in small amounts. That is a good thing, your gas tank is under atmospheric pressure and will always condensate. Ever heard of Heet.
    Ethanol is a bio based product, not petroleum. It is susceptible to biodegrade faster, agin not all bad.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The Geist Marina is now open for gasoline sales. They have the "no ethanol" good stuff. Costly, about 1.25 times more expensive, but then I'm not buying 50 gallons of the stuff.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife just asked about ETOH-free gas over the weekend. I don't think there is anywhere out by us that sells it. Maybe the little airport, but will they let me fill gas cans there?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Here(northern Minnesota)many stations sell ethanol free fuel.In Two Harbors it is available at every station,with two stations selling only ethanol free fuel.The primary reason is the cold.The ethanol attracts moisture and when it is -40F that means frozen gas lines.
    I am from Indiana,but up here it is common knowledge you use ethanol free fuel when it gets cold.Many of the locals will not even think of using fuel with ethanol in it.Then of course you have all the boats(land of 10,000 lakes and Lake superior),and most boat manufactures warn against using ethanol fuel in boat engines.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Ethanol is bad for many reasons. 1 It attracts moisture, 2 it takes away from the lubricity of the fuel as it goes through the injectors. ( that is especially bad for earlier fuel injection systems) as it will ruin them and it dries out rubber fuel lines on older vehicles too. 3 I t will totally clean out a fuel system and clog up fuel filters and cause all sorts of havoc. Remember cash for clunkers? That's why the federals want to mandate raising the ethanol level in fuel. To get all the older, "horrible, inefficient" vehicles off the road Use either Sta-bil marine treatment or Sta-bil ethanol treatment to combat the adverse effects of excessive ethanol Seafoam is good for adding lubricity to fuel and getting rid of water in fuel. All available at your local NAPA

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    When i lived in Alaska the FBO I hangered with would let us fill cans with sumped 100LL. I don't think I ran anything else through my boat the whole time I was there.

Top Bottom