• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    We were there (technically, 95% of our time was in Pigeon Forge) late last month. The only place I saw posted as "no guns" was the crappiest restaurant I've ever eaten at in the area. Avoid Mama's Farmhouse on Pickel St. in Pigeon Forge, not only because they violate basic human rights, but also because their food is terrible.

Weve always been a fan of mamas house, I never leave hungry!!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Maybe it was because we go during the off/slow season. But when we were there, it was basically like bad/cheap buffet food, only it was served table-side/family-style.

Seems like the no guns sign should be enough to dissuade a supporter of the 2d Amendment from entering the establishment let alone giving them money...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Seems like the no guns sign should be enough to dissuade a supporter of the 2d Amendment from entering the establishment let alone giving them money...

And then there are times that, when your wile tells you that you're eating somewhere, that's where you eat.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    On a side note. Ignoring the no gun signs in TN is a class B misdemeanor. This is the same offense as prostitution.

Priceless......

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    On a side note. Ignoring the no gun signs in TN is a class B misdemeanor. This is the same offense as prostitution.

Priceless......

So what if a prostitute gets busted while carrying in a place with a sign? Is that a twofer?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Also: SMKW is a place to both fondle and oogle. If you want to buy something, make a note of the make, model, and price - then get in touch with Bradsknives / knifelady here on INGO. They'll often have better prices. AND they're an IN business.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Anybody know about melting pot? I know we will be going to dinner there one night. Also Old Mill...thanks for the heads up.

The Old Mill is great. It is also the only place where we had to wait in line to eat.

Take the trolley to the Old Mill stop, and walk to the restaurant.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    The Old Mill is great. It is also the only place where we had to wait in line to eat.

Take the trolley to the Old Mill stop, and walk to the restaurant.

Yea last time I had to wait in line for hours there...I won't be doing that again. Good food, but not worth waiting HOURS

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We always eat at Huck Finn's and then at the Greenbrier outside of Gatlinburg. There is also an Italian restaurant chain my wife likes. Ate at Paula Dean's place last time. Also had a LOOONG wait, but it was pretty good food.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We always eat at Huck Finn's and then at the Greenbrier outside of Gatlinburg. There is also an Italian restaurant chain my wife likes. Ate at Paula Dean's place last time. Also had a LOOONG wait, but it was pretty good food.

Paula Deen's was fantastic. It is one of the only places (the other being the Mellow Mushroom next to our hotel) we ate at multiple times - once for breakfast, and once for dinner. The dinner was the best meal we had on our entire vacation. My second favorite meal was Margaritaville.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Paula Deen's was fantastic. It is one of the only places (the other being the Mellow Mushroom next to our hotel) we ate at multiple times - once for breakfast, and once for dinner. The dinner was the best meal we had on our entire vacation. My second favorite meal was Margaritaville.

Did the food have . . . butter . . . in it?

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I think the name of the restaurant/bar is Blaines. We were opening the entrance door when I spotted the no guns sign. I told the wife I'm not going in this place. When she asked why, I told her that my 2nd amendment rights don't stop at their entrance, screw them!

Top Bottom