• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    One of my friends and former beat partners is a Wing Chun instructor and competitive fighter. A brief bio for him:

"Level four Instructor in Wing Chun Chinese Boxing. Two time heavy weight boxing police and fire Champion of 2004 and 2005. Gold medalist in Continuous Sparring. I have studied Martial Arts for 25 years and run a Martial Arts School on the North Side of Indianapolis."

We are considering putting on a weekend class that would focus on distraction, creating space, and avoiding entanglement. In short, hand to hand for people who don't want to learn hand to hand. The class would also focus on pre-attack indicators, cons and ruses that criminals use to set up their attacks, etc. Some of this will be familiar territory for those who've taken the handgun concepts class that Coach and I put on. There will be more emphasis on body language cues, along with how to posture your own response (verbal and non-verbal) to flip the script to gain compliance from an attacker so that you can gain the initiative.

The class would be on the north side of Indy near E 75th and Binford Blvd at his school. It will be as physical as you want it to be and no more.

This is NOT a shooting class. Blue guns and training knives (ie rubber/foam knives) may be used in demonstrations and exercises, but no real firearms will be incorporated.

Length and price are still on the chalkboard.

Feel free to reply to the thread or PM me if you believe you would be interested.

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I could be interested. You said not a gun class, but as its being marketed to gun people, is there any chance for a block on retention either in or out of the holster?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I could be interested. You said not a gun class, but as its being marketed to gun people, is there any chance for a block on retention either in or out of the holster?

I suppose I should say this isn't a shooting class. Firearm deployment, retention, etc. will be a part of the class. The primary focus of the distraction, creating distance, etc. is to deploy a weapon or to disengage, etc. Blue guns will be used, no real firearms.

I'll edit the original post.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Would persons with disabilities like chronic back pain, etc. be able to attend and benefit from the class?

Absolutely. I've got nerve damage and the like myself. You will not be injured or asked to do anything you are uncomfortable with, and there's a lot more to this class than just the physical aspects. Gaining compliance or creating distraction through verbal interaction, as an example.

To give you an idea of what I mean by that, I had two victims of a home invasion where the suspects separated them, one victim per suspect, and began ransacking the house. One victim was able to humanize himself and gain compliance with one of the suspects to the point that suspect #1 actually hid valuables for him so the other suspect #2 wouldn't find them and steal them. We'll talk about the how's and why's of that sort of thing, too.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, cool. I'll let him know and we'll see what we can get cooking. This will be ran through his school with me as a guest lecturer. Further updates as events warrant.

Top Bottom