• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    This isn't 'Indiana' politics, but it's just too much fun not to relate.

You may be aware that there was a recent petition drive this year here in California to collect enough signatures to launch a recall election of our esteemed anti-2A governor Newsom.

To qualify this recall for the ballot, 1,495,709 signatures were required. The recall petition gatherers turned in 2,161,349 signatures. Of those, 1,719,943 were validated by the Secretary of State. This left a cushion of 224,234 extra signatures.

In an effort to nullify some of these 224,234 'extra' signatures the Democratic committee here was able, through complex shenanigans, to pass legislation (SB663) that allow(ed) Newsom's people to contact petition signers and ask if they understood what they signed and if they want to remove their name from the petition. Kind of a, 'did you REALLY mean to sign this petition?' move. I was contacted.

That work done, of the 224,234 extra signatories ... 40 recanted their decisions.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So, is the mass migration of the Democrats from California to red states draining the blue lifeblood of CA, or are even the Democrats there starting to wake up?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Not 40%...40. Individuals. Wow.

It's just too bad this process takes so godawful forever. Newsom will have a solid two years of unrestricted tyranny in the can before he finally gets booted.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    2 million signatures on a recall petition is not a guarantee that the recall vote in a state of 40 million will be successful. I hope so, but don't underestimate the power of the media.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    is the mass migration of the Democrats from California to red states draining the blue lifeblood of CA, or are even the Democrats there starting to wake up?

Unlike 1836, when the infant Texican Republic did not reinforce the volunteers at the Alamo, Governor Greg Abbott has taken steps to reinforce the beleaguered Democrats in California...

Texas Governor Signs Executive Order Donating City Of Austin To California

I'm certainly not holding my breath about the recall election. The recall will be on the ballot (and cost the state $220M+ in the process) but the population is predominantly young, Hispanic, and Democratic. Getting enough 'conservatives' in lock-step to qualify the petition for the ballot was one thing ... actually presenting a viable candidate to run against Newsom is a completely different story.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    If Larry Elder wins get ready for you know where to freeze up solid ! LOL
    But hey CA used to be a red state, ya never know maybe CA people are tired of living in their own filth ???

ninepntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2019
    Newton co
    Exactly, what can go wrong?

The dems will use it again in 2022.
    Ballot harvesting, how is that legal?

I like Elder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ballot harvesting, how is that legal?
    It should be but even if it isn't, anyone in favor of affecting the outcome of an election by any means other than casting their one and only vote doesn't deserve to live in this country. They have no interest in representing anyone, they want the power and the money. Should be exiled to the middle of the pacific ocean on an innertube.

Top Bottom