• ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hey guys!

A couple weeks ago, my flashlight carrier (kydex) decided to give up the ghost on me. As I realized the next day, I carry a fairly decent amount of stuff in my pockets, and I need to rethink things a little bit..

My standard carry is as follows:

sidearm & reload
    knife
    wallet
    flashlight
    keys
    cellphone
    pen

I try to keep things as seperate as possible, as I don't like to reach for a pen and come back with a fiream :)

So I'm trying to think about what to do, and I've come up with a couple of different options..

#1 - get some sort of belt pouch to hold flashlight, cellphone, pen, and other misc. junk.

#2 - get a manbag, stash keys, cellphone, pen, knife, light in there, along with various other goodies I would find handy if I had them with me (notepad, multitool, etc) - couple this with itty-bitty knife/flashlight/pen that can ride in my pocket all the time.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    usually i wear cargo shorts...

well, i carry my sidearm strong side (right side) at about 3:30, with a reload in my left lower pocket in a homemade pocket holster. i carry my wallet in my back right pocket, my cellphone in my left front pocket, my keys in my right pocket, and a knife in a holster on my belt at about 1:30 strong side. you could always put the flashlight on the left side of your body...and the pen with your keys?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Shoulda specified.. and didn't, as I'm a bonehead..

My main concern is at work. I work in a retail environment, and our dress code is business casual - button down shirt and dress pants. I can get away with a belt pouch, as everybody and their brother carries a cellphone and a belt-cellphone dealy is pretty common nowadays..

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Already got a smartcarry (two, actually) and like them quite a bit..

I've found ripoffs belt pouches so far, but haven't had a chance to check them out.. other ideas, anybody?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    get a puch custom made to your specs for your gear. i got one from a fellow hoosier.... made to fit MY gear the way i wanted. its a bit larger than a cell phone pouch, but it looks like a blackberry pouch. thats what i did. it can carry:

an insulin pump
    an itouch
    a pen
    a cell phone
    and a small 1x 123a light.

at the same time. its about 3x4"

Top Bottom