• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't believe it is a Corps lake. At least, it isn't on their map or list. Pretty sure it is owned by the Indianapolis Water Company, or whoever run that operation now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    It's illegal to carry on a army corps water? Does this include the locks on the Ohio?

Not just "a water", all ;) of the water/property that falls under the control of the ACoE.

A bill to remove this restriction almost passed, but luckily Barbra Boxer and a few others made sure that terrorists can attack CoE sites with no fear of armed citizens stopping them:

Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., said allowing more guns onto Corps property would increase danger to the dams, flood control systems and other crucial water projects. (Because everyone just knows what kind of havoc a pistol or rifle bullet can do to steel-reinforced concrete structures that are several FEET thick!!) :n00b: :nuts: :facepalm:

"This critical infrastructure is a target for terrorists," she said. (So the only LOGICAL response to take is to ensure that no-one except for the terrorists is armed in these areas.) :rolleyes:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/COERulesPamphlet.pdf

327.13 Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.

(a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices,
    bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless:

(1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;

(2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under 327.8, with devices being
    unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;

(3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or

(4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.

(b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or
    other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the
    District Commander.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    didnt know that i have carried at several lakes in several states i need to do some more reseach always learning something on here

Search for ACoE (or Army Corps reservoir) on here for tons of info. There are actually several reservoirs that fall under the ACoE's jurisdiction. Luckily, there are also several lakes that do not.

Several of us have sent letters to the local (Louisville) office asking "permission" as per ACoE rules. All have been denied.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Search for ACoE (or Army Corps reservoir) on here for tons of info. There are actually several reservoirs that fall under the ACoE's jurisdiction. Luckily, there are also several lakes that do not.

Several of us have sent letters to the local (Louisville) office asking "permission" as per ACoE rules. All have been denied.

How would I go about sending a letter and trying my luck?

Top Bottom