• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Tim Geithner just admitted it. He is planning to KILL most of the potential job growth in the US and cause many of us to close our stores. Honestly headlines like this make me sick and I have to wonder why I even keep my stores open. I don't need the money. I don't need the grief. I sure don't need HELP from the government.

Geithner: Taxes on ‘Small Business’ Must Rise So Government Doesn’t ‘Shrink’

Link to story => Geithner: Taxes on 'Small Businesses' Must Rise So Governmetn Doesn't Shrink

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This makes absoluetly no friggin' sense if you tax the small business out of existance. Is this the best they can come up with? :n00b:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Idiots. They are being pence smart and pound stupid. Yes you can get an extra 3% from small buisness now, but after they all go under and 64% of america is out of work and not paying taxes was that 3% worth it?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    And as long as people elect Liberal Democrats this is the mentality that will prevail.
    Take from the productive Citizens.
    Give to the non productive Citizens.
    This encourages people to become non productive in order to be taken care of without the bother of working for a living.
    In turn those being taken care of continue to vote the Liberals into office in order to keep the "free" money rolling in.
    That is, and has been, the basis for all Liberal policy for many decades.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You have to understand the objective of the current people in charge. They want to totally subjugate the people of the United States of America so that everything done if for the government and by the government with the current government dictating everything we say and do, where we go, what we buy, how we heat our homes, how we light our homes, what we eat, and what federal entity gives us our food.

Total control seems to be the objective of the current government, and they have enough people with their hands out to keep them in power.

It is unfortunate for the current "leaders" that we the people are the way out of the financial problem. It goes against their ideals that small business IS the way out of high unemployment and overall prosperity.

I hope we survive the year and a half until the next election to get rid of this disease that affects Washington DC. And I hope the opposing party gets their heads out of their rear and offers up a true leader and someone who believes in the USA as designed around 240 years ago.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I guess it would be completely out of the question to require the Federal Reserve Bank (A private entity not owned by the US Government) to pay income taxes on all the profits it makes?

It prints money, loans it to banks, collects interest, makes a profit, prints more money, et al and pays absolutely no taxes to the Federal Government whatsoever. Hmmmmm I wish I was in that racket.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Geithner is an idiot. This is a losing proposition for this administration. Whoever the Republican nominee is will use crap like this against Obama next year.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    "if you leave those in place and you're trying to bring our deficits down over time, then you have to do exceptionally deep cuts in benefits for middle-class Americans and you have to shrink the overall size of government programs, things like education, to levels that we could not accept as a country."

That is kinda the point of cutting the budget when you're in big time debt. You strip away all but the absolute essentials.

I feel like I ought to talk slowly and clearly to people like this :nuts:. Seriously. Has this man never had to balance a budget?

Top Bottom