• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    So, I've been shooting this can for about 2 months now, no issues, for me it is a perfect suppressor.

Went down to a range near Saint Louis Yesterday with my younger brother and sister and same Tactical Timmy started asking me the usual question. He's got a suppressor on his rifle and wearing a Noveske hat. Starts asking me if I've had problems with my G5 (yet) and apparently he's sold 15 and had to send 10 back to the factory for "bad welds".

His attitude almost completely ruined my trip, first of all, why do people just assume it's their job to talk to someone about their equipment? Secondly, if you decided it's your job to talk about someone's equipment, why talk about their products failing welds, when the product doesn't have any welds to begin with?

I get the idea, that he just watched some video produced by AAC, which they pretty much burn a Gemtech "sales rep" for saying that the product has welds, when it obviously does not.

This guy, while trying to sound awesome, I'd rather not see people out at a range talking, while people should be shooting.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Where do you get the idea that the G5 doesn't have welds. Pretty much all centerfire cans have some welding.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Gemtech had a recall on several G5's for improper baffle welds. Contact them for the serial number range and if yours falls in the range they will need to x-ray/repair it for free.

We went some back.

Also the G5 is welded on both ends and the baffles are all welded into place. All sealed cans are welded.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Gemtech had a recall on several G5's for improper baffle welds. Contact them for the serial number range and if yours falls in the range they will need to x-ray/repair it for free.

We went some back.

Also the G5 is welded on both ends and the baffles are all welded into place. All sealed cans are welded.

Was their ever the same problem with the Trek 5.56? I would hate to have to send mine back.

Top Bottom