• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Beech Grove? I'm not familiar with the Class III on the Northside. 21st would be about an hour north.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Beech Grove? I'm not familiar with the Class III on the Northside. 21st would be about an hour north.

Yeah, I saw them listed in another post. I asked for someone to get the e-mail to the place in Beech Grove, I'll do 21st if I can't do Beech Grove for some reason. Can't complain about a $50 transfer 30min from Fishers.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    These are the old style HALO's that mount on any NATO flash hider rather than the updated 2009 HALO that also mounts on a Smith Enterprises Vortex. If you're going to put it on an AR-15/M16 then you are good to go.

Smith Vortex Flash Hiders look like this:

SE-Vortex_M240a.lg.jpg

This is not to be confused with a barrel shroud. You know...

bbl-shroud.jpg

I am not sure if the new model is any quieter, if it weighs less/more or if it is rated differently in decibels/perceived frequency. I couldn't find that info.

I'm on the fence about getting one. I'd like to have one eventually, but there are so many other things that I need to get. I still need optics to finish a rifle, a decent sized safe, and this limited edition Sig 226 I keep eyeballing on gunbroker. Oh to be rich... Maybe I can sucker my wife into buying it for me. :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I am not sure if the new model is any quieter, if it weighs less/more or if it is rated differently in decibels/perceived frequency.

The pre-09 HALO mounts to any NATO-spec flash hider and similar devices like the PWS FSC-556.

The 09 HALO is shorter, a few ounces lighter, and mounts to any NATO-spec flash hider or the Smith Vortex. It will NOT work with the FSC-556.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Just an FYI 21st Century will not do a Class III transfer for this because they are a Gemtech dealer. I can't figure out that logic either.... On the other hand, Beech Grove Firearms is hooking me up. :yesway:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Just an FYI 21st Century will not do a Class III transfer for this because they are a Gemtech dealer.
    It does not make good business sense to do business with a supplier that competes with me. Never let your supplier be your competitor. For all those that own businesses I am sure you will understand. $399.00 is cheaper than what I pay as a dealer and we were not given the chance to buy at the sale price or a price lower than the sale price. It is also our policy to only do transfers for items we don't have in stock or can't get from our suppliers. We do a lot of class three transfers, mainly with transferable machine guns and suppressor companies we don't normally do business with. So, unless things change we will sell out of our Gemtech products and not purchase from them again. If YOU owned a store and your supplier sold to your customers below your cost, would YOU continue to do business with them? We spent a lot of time and money supporter their product line and this is the thanks we get? As many of you know we did not gouge folks when prices went through the roof and others were charging 2K for a $800.00 AR, we were even selling .223 for $349.95 per thousand when parts of the county were selling the same ammo for $500.00 per thousand. All we want to do is make a fair profit, but when a supplier makes a decesion to undermind us then I am through with them. Money is not everything.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It does not make good business sense to do business with a supplier that competes with me. Never let your supplier be your competitor. For all those that own businesses I am sure you will understand. $399.00 is cheaper than what I pay as a dealer and we were not given the chance to buy at the sale price or a price lower than the sale price. It is also our policy to only do transfers for items we don't have in stock or can't get from our suppliers. We do a lot of class three transfers, mainly with transferable machine guns and suppressor companies we don't normally do business with. So, unless things change we will sell out of our Gemtech products and not purchase from them again. If YOU owned a store and your supplier sold to your customers below your cost, would YOU continue to do business with them? We spent a lot of time and money supporter their product line and this is the thanks we get? As many of you know we did not gouge folks when prices went through the roof and others were charging 2K for a $800.00 AR, we were even selling .223 for $349.95 per thousand when parts of the county were selling the same ammo for $500.00 per thousand. All we want to do is make a fair profit, but when a supplier makes a decesion to undermind us then I am through with them. Money is not everything.
    I agree 100%, although it's hard for me as a consumer to pass a deal like that, on principle, everyone should!

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I would not have any disrespect for anyone that takes advantage of this deal. It is a good deal and it is a good product for that price. For me it is a difference in business practices. The model they have on sale is the older design so I can understand them clearing them out, however I would have thought that they would have contacted their current customers first, the dealers that have supported them.
    For us we will do more business with our other suppressor manufactures, no big deal.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC

If it was a regular thing, I can see where you are coming from. Considering it was just a one time deal to get rid of their non 09+ Suppressors. I personally would've still done it and I would still do business with the company, as stated, it makes no sense to me.

Also, I wasn't slamming you, I was just letting people know because I had planned to do my transfer through you from the get go. I had heard good things about your shop and wanted to check it out. Just trying to save some people the hassle. Nothing personal man.

If you want to stop doing business with your supplier, that's your perogative. I personally wouldn't turn away potential customers because just making money on the transfer may not be ideal. There's a lot more stuff I plan to buy and I've been keeping my ear to the ground for good local shops back home.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If it was a regular thing, I can see where you are coming from. Considering it was just a one time deal to get rid of their non 09+ Suppressors. I personally would've still done it and I would still do business with the company, as stated, it makes no sense to me.

Also, I wasn't slamming you, I was just letting people know because I had planned to do my transfer through you from the get go. I had heard good things about your shop and wanted to check it out. Just trying to save some people the hassle. Nothing personal man.

If you want to stop doing business with your supplier, that's your perogative. I personally wouldn't turn away potential customers because just making money on the transfer may not be ideal. There's a lot more stuff I plan to buy and I've been keeping my ear to the ground for good local shops back home.
    The problem is, when a manufacturer does this "one time only" sale, there's always another one. What happens at the end of '10 when Gemtech has a bunch of '10 models still sitting there, another "one time only" sale? To each his own as to where, how you buy, but if the manufacturers continue to go direct, then there will be no dealers, and then NO ONE AT ALL to do a transfer, no matter how good the deal. I am in an industry where about 30% of the manufacturers have gone direct to the customer, cutting out the dealer completely. Of those, several have gone out of business since, due to customer service problems, as dealers will not help customers who bought their product direct. Just my :twocents: and as always, YMMV.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville

No problem brother, we are good. I regret any inconvenience for those participating in this sale. Like I said before, if I was an end consumer I would have taken them up on the offer. As Vigilant mentions this is a slippery slope for manufactures and in the end, the consumer. There comes a time when I, as a full service gun shop owner, has to hold the line and sound business principles take over. I lost two transfers over this, $100.00 of pure profit in my pocket, but somethings are more important than money to me. Besides, we are just talking about a steel tube and a few washers aren't we? :)
    Life is to short to worry about these things, I simply will support those manufactures that support me, those that don't I will ignore. We carry several different manufactures suppressors, so in the end it will be easier on us. :)

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I have a conference with one of the VP's at Gemtech today. I may have been to hasty in my decision and will report back later. Thanks for everyone's understanding.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a conference with one of the VP's at Gemtech today. I may have been to hasty in my decision and will report back later. Thanks for everyone's understanding.

Be sure to keep us posted on that. I have always had good feelings toward Gemtech as a company and I felt it was regrettable how they made you feel...

Top Bottom