• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Currently in the market for a suppressor. GemTech tops my list. I'll eventually get another suppressor, but one will have to suffice for now. My question is: is there some muzzle device that a Trek will attach to? I ask because I have a (pending) SBR and a bolt action that is threaded and waiting. If not, I'll get two mounts and get a YHM, but the GemTech looks like it fits the bill.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Mount: 1/2-28 (2A) Thread Mount

photobar_trek_corners_1826_general.jpg

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    With an AR barrel being 1/2x28 and the suppressor being 1/2x28, they would have to make the qd system that extends from the suppressor as well. They would attach in a gap between the end of the barrel and the start of the suppressor. In doing so, the qd system would entirely become the blast baffle. Not saying it isn't possible but I don't think anybody has done it yet and it certainly would be an undertaking. It would also extend the length by a minimum of 1.5"?

Maybe a new market for somebody to look into.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    I will say from personal experience that a direct thread on is a good route if the silencer lives on the firearm. the added weight, additional failure point, possible issues with POI change MAY happen with QD mounts. Look at all the issues AAC has had with the 51t. I have both a QD and thread-on. The thread on lives on an SBR. And the QD lives on another. The QD option isn't something I need

Top Bottom