• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I have been going to the 1500 regularly for the past 15 years (at least 2 shows each of those years). I believe the most recent show was the biggest I have seen yet. There seemed to be several "new" vendors that aren't show regulars and I thought, overall, the selection of items available was the best it's ever been. What do you all think? Was the shower bigger than usual or am I just imagining things?

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Great turn out -- especially on Saturday. Got real crowded at about 11 or so. As far as the vendors go, there did seem to be a bunch of new and interesting ones to check out. Can't wait for the next one.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    I have only been going for the past 2 years but I thought the show was pretty good this year. There were deals to be had if you searched for them and there were also crazy prices on some things.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I was there Saturday about 1. Fairly crowded. It seemed like there was more selection of actual gun-related stuff.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I was happily surprised at the number of women that attended, at least on Saturday. My brother and I both agreed that the ratio of women to men seemed to be somewhere between 30 to 40 percent. We saw many women walking around with AR's and/or AK's as well as handguns strapped to their sides. Glad to see this and I hope the trend continues.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I noticed alot of poeple looking but not a whole lot of buying. Have been going for years. I could be wrong, but just noticed alot of window shoppers.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    Very busy, but started to calm down by Sunday afternoon.

I thought it was a great show, but then again, I found what I was looking for. :)

I was also happy to see plenty of younger shooters and women in attendance.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    I went on Saturday and agree it was a good sized crowd. Saw a couple people with strollers and wondered how the heck they got around because I had a hard enough time just by myself. Saw some ok deals. Kinda sorry to see the meth lab table still there.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I also wonder how the meth table is allowed in. I fail to see much of a connection with gun show except that lab operators probably have plenty. Show operators shud have some standards.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    Haven't been in 3 - 4 years. What do you mean by the meth lab table?

The vendor just has a large supply of laboratory equipment. I guess there could be some non drug producing reason someone might want to buy everything they need for sublimation, condensation and distillation work....but it doesn't belong at a gun show.

Sheppsan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Thought it was pretty good. Crowded on Saturday. Was looking for a Lee Enfield with no luck though. Seem to have much better luck finding milsurp firearms at the shows down in Louisville.

jwhitaker45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Definitely the largest turn out in awhile. I went with a two hour time limit since the last 5 or 6 times I have gone that was all I needed. I was absolutely wrong and will not make that mistake at the next one.

Top Bottom