• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    This was my first time to the Indy 1500, I went both friday and saturday, the second time bringing a set of friends with me. I saw some interesting firearms and some decent bargains, but there were not panty dropping deals that I expected to see. I wanted to score a decent optic for my ar15 either an Acog or a nice red dot. I can't see why I would pay, to go to a gun store, to only look at seeing small selections of high priced gear. Just because it's the "good stuff" doesn't mean they need to charge more than normal retail price right? I saw one vendor that was selling them for what seemed to be inflated prices. Now maybe I am wrong, but I would expect vendors to take stuff to moe it quick and take a quantity over quality sales to make money.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I had the same issue. Calm down guys. We all want to get good deals, but let a guy in the door before jumping on him.
    Was nearly mobbed trying to put my carry piece away:rolleyes:. Some are real desperate to buy a firearm.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you're testing a holster, I've heard that it's acceptable to remove the strap for test fitting as long as you keep the strap to show on the way out. I've never actually done so, so YMMV.

The guys at Raven cut my strap off to mold my holster and then simply stuck it back through and holstered it. Didn't seem to be a problem when I left.

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    I kind of liked the Lafayette show better. No offense to any of the vendors at the 1500 of course, just was more my kind of crowd. (Oh, but the jewelry woman had some terribly tempting stuff, but I *really* don't need more shinies right now.)

Green mohawk guy was cool. I should have got a pic of he and I together, I was like "OMG, one of my tribe!!" when I saw someone else had unique hair.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you're testing a holster, I've heard that it's acceptable to remove the strap for test fitting as long as you keep the strap to show on the way out. I've never actually done so, so YMMV.

The guys at Raven cut my strap off to mold my holster and then simply stuck it back through and holstered it. Didn't seem to be a problem when I left.

Some vendors have extra straps. Last year at sharktac I had them make a custom kydex for my carry piece and when done, they put a new strap on. (That sounds bad!) :):

It's sooooo hard to find good holsters for Jericho's.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    what kind of prices were on the ravin holsters?? i`m looking for something for my xd..

mine was 75 plus a $10 show fee :dunno: (expedited service I guess), plus 6% sales tax... I also picked up a patch ($15) and some IWB loops ($15)

Guy at the door on the way out was not happy about them cutting the orange zip tie off and putting a clear/white tie back on. I said I can't be the first person leaving today with one of their holsters... He let me go then but wanted to know where their booth was... I told the guy at Raven I'd just slide the orange tie back in the barrel and they would never know but he put the white tie about my trigger/grip instead of thru the barrel so maybe thats why.

Last edited:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    mine was 75 plus a $10 show fee :dunno: (expedited service I guess), plus 6% sales tax... I also picked up a patch ($15) and some IWB loops ($15)

Guy at the door on the way out was not happy about them cutting the orange zip tie off and putting a clear/white tie back on. I said I can't be the first person leaving today with one of their holsters... He let me go then but wanted to know where their booth was... I told the guy at Raven I'd just slide the orange tie back in the barrel and they would never know but he put the white tie about my trigger/grip instead of thru the barrel so maybe thats why.

I've gotten the same look from the same guy in the past, for the same exact reason as you. When he tried to give me crap about it, I just rolled my eyes at him and walked out the door. He's not a LEO, so as far as I'm concerned, he can go pound sand.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I met lots of Ingo members but honestly I do not remember all of them. I just would like to say thanks to all who stopped by whether you bought a knife or not. It is nice to put a face with names you see on here. Our location was great since we could visit with Cwood and with VUPDblue, and with Tactical Shotgunner who was set up right across from us. I froze the whole weekend. All in all it was a good show. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I met lots of Ingo members but honestly I do not remember all of them. I just would like to say thanks to all who stopped by whether you bought a knife or not. It is nice to put a face with names you see on here. Our location was great since we could visit with Cwood and with VUPDblue, and with Tactical Shotgunner who was set up right across from us. I froze the whole weekend. All in all it was a good show. :D

It was a good location and it was chilly where we were. I am sure others were complaining it was to hot though. :D
    Was real nice to see everyone that stopped by and good to see you again Knife Lady.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    enjoyed the show got to pester some Ingo members, ran into my favorite mod form ar15.com and picked up a sweet Winchester M1 Garand that the farther I get into the better the deal gets :rockwoot:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    It was a good location and it was chilly where we were. I am sure others were complaining it was to hot though. :D
    Was real nice to see everyone that stopped by and good to see you again Knife Lady.

Cold?? Really??? Come on now? I was HOT! :D

enjoyed the show got to pester some Ingo members, ran into my favorite mod form ar15.com and picked up a sweet Winchester M1 Garand that the farther I get into the better the deal gets :rockwoot:

It was a good show, It was nice seeing all the INGO members that stopped by! Thanks!

Top Bottom