• ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This is lame on so many levels.

How can she intellectually reconcile, "He got away with murder" when, in her own words, "the evidence did not prove murder"???

If the evidence did not prove murder, how can he get away with murder???

I'm no Mr. Spock, but I am so damn tired of the pathetic, weak ass attempts at reasoning that abound in this country.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    But ...
    th

Trayvon Martin

vs.

klansman.jpg

George Zimmerman.

Can't you see he's guilty?

I grew up with the TV generation. I never make that call until I hear the background music.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    She says the evidence proved Zimmerman not guilty but she "knows" he did it? What's she using women's intuition or a lot of Tequila to come up with that statement. I thought evidence or lack of it was the key to convictions, not your gut feeling. Prospective jurors should be required to take an I.Q. test.
    Actually she's Puerto Rican.
    They prefer Rum. :)

Technically correct. Zimmerman killed Martin. There is not a doubt of this fact.

He is not guilty because it was justified.
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well hell, the media got to her too. Guy defends himself and helps a family out of a crashed car four days later and is still a monster. Total BS.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    She's using the word "murder" as a synonym of "kill". With that, she's also absolutely right, Z killed T. But Z was not guilty of the definition of murder according to Florida law. The fact that Z killed T was never in question, the question was whether he was guilty of the state's definition of murder. Fortunately she got the second part right even if she fails the logical side that murder = killing but killing != murder. It can be the case, but isn't definitive.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    isnt that hilarious? She says he got away with murder, yet casts a not guilty vote. If they all thought he was guilty, thats all they had to do, she is now getting onto the bandwagon and trying to get rich off of this. Can you imagine the day when the latino's and whites get together and to out all the liberals? That would be called the civil alamo????!?!?!??!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    From the WTRV 6 LINK:
    ( RTV6 - George Zimmerman juror: 'He got away with murder' - US/World Story)

EVERYONE in the news or on various social media outlets (INCLUDING HERE it seems) ...
    are focused on the wrong point - both HER (B29) and the media:
    Incorrect Focus: (title of article):
    George Zimmerman juror: 'He got away with murder'

How about we look at this point:
    Correct Focus:
    When asked by Roberts whether the case should have gone to trial, Maddy said, "I don't think so."
    "I felt like this was a publicity stunt. This whole court service thing to me was publicity," she said.

I watched the 'interview session' as aired on nightline last night and read this; I haven't seen the GMA aired version yet.
    I understand the sadness; the feeling of loss.
    But FEELINGS are not a substitute for the law, or depriving a person of their own fundamental right to defend themselves.
    Killing senselessly, or needlessly is a tragedy and travesty.
    NOT all Kiling is needless or senseless; even if it is regrettable, sad, upsetting and all sorts of other bad 'feeling' stuff.

I feel sad that we're become a nation filled with such stupidity and ignorance. There now we can ban those too. sheesh.
    /rant ... or whatever.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    isnt that hilarious? She says he got away with murder, yet casts a not guilty vote. If they all thought he was guilty, thats all they had to do, she is now getting onto the bandwagon and trying to get rich off of this. Can you imagine the day when the latino's and whites get together and to out all the liberals? That would be called the civil alamo????!?!?!??!

Leave it to zippy to come up with a common sense solution to all of our problems. Well done sir... us white folk should partner up with the brown guys and out all the liberals (blacks)... John Hancock couldn't have said it better!

:ingo:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    She has EIGHT children? EIGHT? Ok, I know big families used to be the norm, but in this day and age, EIGHT? I trust she has the personal resources to raise all of those children in a decent manner...

What are you getting at? Why does this make any difference?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    George may have killed Martin, but that is not necessarily the same thing as murder.

We are a nation of laws and a jury has spoken.
    Yup.....
    But certain elements in this country feel that they have the right to trump the system because their Lord and Savior BHO and his vocal parrots, Sharpton, Jackson, et al, have made it clear to a minority of the Blacks that they can get/have whatever they want simply by threatening to riot or by branding everyone who disagrees with them as a Racist, no matter what their skin color or ethnic background.
    Until the race baiters go down there will be no peace in this country!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    What would have if chaneged Zimmerman had a black mother...or had he been NDN? And now he has the city of Detroit on his a $$? This country is just lje that train tge crashed in Spain...tragic

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "Zimmerman got away with murder" = opinion after the fact which Juror(B29) could'nt even reconcile taking that position during jury deliberations because the evidence didn't support that statement.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just for fun, I am going to take a wild leap into the realm of speculation: This imbecilic juror voted not guilty because of the repetitive reminders of the standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt and the specifics of the law, which led to a not guilty vote as the proper conclusion, even though she and perhaps a couple of other like minds on the jury were searching for a way to twist a guilty verdict out of the situation and simply could not make any passably reasonable argument for it.

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    I wonder what the media take would've been if the roles were reversed? TM was the galiant nieghborhood black watchman with a legal permit that couldn't defend himself any other way, and GZ was the young, hotheaded hispanic nieghborhood kid that forced TM's cards? I wonder what your opinion on the situation would be?
    Most likely would've been based on your favorite channels politically scewed media machine anyway......so I guess we go back to question #1. Funny how most of our opinions now are based on which media outlet we choose to let keep us in there version of pavlov's box.

Top Bottom