• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • With the presently available information on the case I believe George Zimmerman

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    It's been a while since the unfortunate altercation between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. A lot of information has come to light since the event, more to come, and some will remain buried forever. His defense has publicly appealed for financial support. I haven't donated to the defense, but my mind is open to it. I am left wondering how people who practice safe concealed carry feel about the case.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    This unfortunate event has turned into a roman circus and the people will want their blood. To the media and the masses it no longer matters if he is truly innocent or guilty he has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion and that is as good as a death sentence.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Public Servant I agree. Choices should be:

Guilty
    Innocent
    Stupid but Not Guilty

I'd vote Very, Very Stupid but not guilty!

But as said by Westside, this man was given a death sentence by the media long before this trial every started.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin

Guilty
    Innocent
    Stupid but Not Guilty

But as said by Westside, this man was given a death sentence by the media long before this trial every started.

You never know the media and everyone automatically gave Casey Anthony a death sentance and she was aquitted. So I think he has a shot at freedom when the facts are prestened at trial. If there is not enough there to convict they wont.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    You never know the media and everyone automatically gave Casey Anthony a death sentance and she was aquitted. So I think he has a shot at freedom when the facts are prestened at trial. If there is not enough there to convict they wont.

Not being convicted and not getting a "death sentence" are two totally different things.

i.e. it doesn't matter what the jury finds him! His life is over for all intents and purpose. If found not guilty where can he safely live, work, go out, etc.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Guilty
    Innocent
    Stupid but Not Guilty

Throw in two more "VERYs" and I'd vote on it too. Very Very Very Stupid but not guilty.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    The simple question is did Zimmerman start the fight or not... If Zimmerman started the fight and threw a few punches then pulled his gun when he felt like he was losing he is guilty.

If he was attacked then he is innocent.

Based off the phone recordings he sounds like he was attacked but we still do not have all the evidence so I dont think we can make a decision.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    The simple question is did Zimmerman start the fight or not... If Zimmerman started the fight and threw a few punches then pulled his gun when he felt like he was losing he is guilty.

If he was attacked then he is innocent.

Based off the phone recordings he sounds like he was attacked but we still do not have all the evidence so I dont think we can make a decision.

^this^

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Guilty
    Innocent
    Stupid but Not Guilty

Here's another vote for "stupid but not guilty".

"Stupid But Not Guilty" also sounds like a good name for a band, a political candidate, or maybe something to which I should legally change my name.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

From the beginning I have tried to remain neutral and have been open to the idea that he may well be guilty.

That said, I have yet to see evidence to convince me of his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore I believe (again, based upon what I have heard in the media) that he should be found not guilty.

Regards,

Doug

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    There is a lot of evidence that the media does not have access to.

So, I am not making judgement in either direction.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Why is this forum overwhelmingly claiming his innocence? I said he may/may not be innocent because I wasn't there and the facts have been so skewed by the media we can't even be sure of what is wrong and what is right.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Zimmerman is guilty of being criminally stupid (CS) and should pay his debt to society for the crime he committed. Now, anyone know the penalty for CS? He should at least be added to this list and I think Chuck Norris would agree. Also, I wouldn't give a dime toward his defense. Why would anyone want to give to something like this?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think we're going to come down to a hung jury. I don't think you'll find 12 people to say he's guilty, there'll be a mistrial, he'll be released and then re-arrested for something else, and he'll have to go through round two.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I think we're going to come down to a hung jury. I don't think you'll find 12 people to say he's guilty, there'll be a mistrial, he'll be released and then re-arrested for something else, and he'll have to go through round two.

It's such a sad case. A life lost and many others ruined. Daily should be our prayer that we are not called on to defend life by taking life.

Top Bottom