• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    A friend of mine passed away years ago and I was given one of his personal knives by his family. It has been put away since his death but thought the about it the other night and might use this for duty rather than finding the MOD I posted about.

Question is how would this compare to the MOD as far as a fighter?

Also, is this a true made in the USA knife? I read that there were two versions and this one is not like the one listed on the website.
    For one it has no liner lock lock out. Also, it is marked "combat folder" on the same side it says Rex applegate. All the pictured knives show this side marked Gerber USA. My knife says that but on the other side. And finally the website says laser engraved. These markings seem deep for a laser.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    30399b6f.jpg

9a84a756.jpg

a81de61d.jpg

ce0f620e.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    its a rex applegate combat folder. its a solid little knife. i used one over in iraq and its not bad. they sell for 45-50 bucks w/ the sheath. its got s30v steel so thats solid. its a liner lock which are pretty strong also. i would say go ahead and use it. thats what it was made for and it should stand up well for day to day carry and use.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Unless its a newer one the blade is 420HC or 425 modified ? stainless.. The newer 15 yr anniversary edition has the upgraded s30 v steel and micarta handles .

Last edited:

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Hmmm. . ???????? Never heard of the Combats having S30V .?? I know the Covert were made with ATS and 154 . But ,Ok..???? Not sure then . Never seen one in s30v..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom