• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I looked at the design/features of the Gerber Bear Grylls survival knife and I was really impressed, but then I got to actually see the quality (lack of) of the actual knife and I began to wonder what the heck Gerber was thinking.

The product has all the features you'd want, but its a cheap piece of crap that is poorly executed. If I was Bear Grylls I would not want my name on it and I can't believe Gerber put their name on it. That applies to ALL of the various Gerber/Bear Grylls products I've seen.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    OH NO!!!! WHAT AM i GOING TO DO WITHOUT MY SUPER HIGH QUALITY SURVIVAL TOOL?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?

Wonder when they're going to recall the Bear Grylls bladder specifically designed to hold and keep urine sterile.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    no you guys aren't serious! Bear Grylls is the man. his products never fail lol. gerber is junk anymore. I been saying this after the 3rd recall. we are on like the 7th now. seriously. buy American made stuff and stop messing with the chinese ploys!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    This line of products is from overseas. They still have some American Made, but I always check before i put any money down. Rather spend a couple extra bucks for something good made in American, then buying cheap crap that breaks shortly after.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm thinking we could have a Bear Grylls marathon. I will call it the First Annual Memorial (even though he ain't dead) Bear Ghrylls-athon Fun Run, Drink and Dash. For the Cure.

FAMBGAFRDD, for short.

You will join the Queen's army. Become a paratrooper. Break your back. Learn to walk again. Drink your own ****. Eat questionable roadkill. Sleep outdoors. Write a book. Learn to fight.

The event will be broken down into stages. The first stage is drinking one's ****. This should weed out the non-serious competitors early on. The second stage is me hitting people in the back with baseball bats. Oh, there will be a waiver. Stage three is crawling across broken glass and being forced to eat room temperature hot summer Indiana roadkill. Your selection of the finest possum, deer, raccoon or mystery meat. Those who have successfully completed these previous stages are forced to write a 500 page or less essay on a Tandy 1000 EX and must have a minimum typing accuracy of 30/WMP with no more than 2 errors per 2 lines of typefield. After that, you get to stay in the hotel or hospital room of your choice. Disclaimer: You pay the bill.

Entry into the FAMBGAFRDD is $50.00. You will get a t-shirt with the logo on the front and the event name on the back. You can have it in any colour you want, as long as the colour you want is coral. Or black. Whichever I can find cheapest.

FAMBGAFRDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    It is very unforunate. People think the products must be good because they have his name on them. Many of us are knife snobs :) I confess, but for the average joe or jane who wants a fair priced tool to go get out in nature alittle this is really sad. I try to educate people about quality products that are worth every penny(be that many pennies or few pennies) But these crap knives are over priced if they gave them away.

Top Bottom