• ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    AP

Justice Ministry spokeswoman Katharina Jahntz on Saturday confirmed a report in Der Spiegel that a German observer would attend the trial to ensure that no evidence provided by Germany would be used to apply the death penalty.
    A German government official says the nation will send an observer to the upcoming trial in New York of the professed mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks and four accused henchmen.
    Justice Ministry spokeswoman Katharina Jahntz on Saturday confirmed a report in Der Spiegel that a German observer would attend the trial to ensure that no evidence provided by Germany would be used to apply the death penalty.
    Three of the four suicide pilots who carried out the attacks had lived and studied in the northern German city of Hamburg. Germany, like the rest of Europe, except for Belarus, does not execute criminals
    U.S. authorities announced last week that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed would be tried by a New York court. No date has been set, but the choice of a civilian court rather than a military tribunal set off heated debate within the United States.
    President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder firmly rejected such criticism Wednesday, predicting that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed would be exposed as a murderous coward, convicted and executed.
    "Failure is not an option," Holder declared.
    The president, in a series of TV interviews during his trip to Asia, said those offended by the legal rights accorded Mohammed by virtue of his facing a civilian trial rather than a military tribunal will not find it "offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him."
    Obama, who is a lawyer, quickly added that he did not mean to suggest he was prejudging the outcome of Mohammed's trial.
    "I'm not going to be in that courtroom," he said. "That's the job of the prosecutors, the judge and the jury."
    The president said in interviews broadcast on NBC and CNN that experienced prosecutors in the case who specialize in terrorism have offered assurances that "we'll convict this person with the evidence they've got, going through our system."
    In Washington, the Senate Judiciary Committee questioned Holder for hours about his decision to send Mohammed and four others from the U.S. military detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to New York for trial in a federal courthouse blocks from the site of the World Trade Center towers destroyed in the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001.
    The attorney general said he is certain the men will be convicted, but even if a suspect were acquitted, "that doesn't mean that person would be released into our country."

This is such a joke.

Are you freaking kidding me?

pulling-hair.jpg

The attorney general said he is certain the men will be convicted, but even if a suspect were acquitted, "that doesn't mean that person would be released into our country."

Holder said that if they were acquitted, they would continue to be held as enemy combatants.

If that doesn't show right there, that this is AMERICA on trial I don't know what does.

Oh yeah if they are found not guilty we will continue to hold them as enemy combatants..... Whoa wait a minute does everyone one forget this.....

Obama Drops 'Enemy Combatant' Definition

Saturday March 14, 2009
    In a court filing on the Guantanamo detainee case, the Department of Justice announced that the Obama Administration had dropped the use of the term “enemy combatant” and will no longer depend on the of presidential authority to indefinitely detain individuals suspected of terrorist activity.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2009/03/14/obama-drops-enemy-combatant-definition.htm

So I ask, what is really going on here?

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I'm seeing posters plastered all over the place. They're announcing the Circus coming to NY City. Clowns from every country will be in attendance to propigate their anti-American veiwpoints. The worldwide media will capture every rant and rave blasting America and repeatedly broadcast it into our lives. Politicians will use the Circus to advance their own agenda and line their pockets. Terrorists and wannabe terrorists will be purchasing their tickets for the next flight to New York.

The Circus is coming. You can see the posters everywhere.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Yeah, I dare them to release him onto the streets of New York City if he's acquitted - I dare them.

I give that piece of filth three seconds before he winds up in fifty pieces.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The German politicians have to address the concerns of their own constituiencies.

What we should all realize about this farce of Obama's is that the goal here is to outsource the continued attack on the U.S. to the judicial system. They know that to go after our security policies is a political loser, so they'll let the courts do it. The trial judge, even a non-liberal, will have no choice but to follow precedent as to chain of custody, witnesses, and yes, military secrets. Courts, not the administration, will expose our secrets to the enemy.

Obama, and his people, don't believe in anything you believe. In another time, we would call them by their true name: enemy.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yet I fail to hear republican leadership calling out treason.

Just because our elected rinos are seemingly powerless, do they not let their voices be heard?

Just going with the flow?

Playing dumb for the game?

Top Bottom