• Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Felt like posting up some gun pics for all of ya. :D

Two of what I believe are currently the most popular polymer framed 9mm handguns coming out of Germany.:rockwoot:

First is a H&K P30 V3 9mm and the second is a Walther PPQ 9mm.

The H&K is about a year old now since I bought it brand new last Dec. Has less then 200 rounds fired through it, and despite being carried quite often the finish has held up great. The PPQ is brand new as of yesterday. Both have been coated in Birchwood Casey's Universal RIG gun grease. :ar15:

I will say though, these two pistols look shockingly similar especially when being compared side by side.:shady:

ka2008.jpg

5z1kld.jpg

3446yc5.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Thanks! So far the PPQ feels like a P99 that sneaked into the P30's closet and stole some of it's clothes. The trigger on the PPQ is really nice though for a striker fired pistol. Makes me think of what a Glock trigger wants to be after a $200 trigger job. But the PPQ does have some slack before it breaks. Reset is as awesome as everyone has been raving about. It's stupid short.

Personally I like the P30's trigger a lot better but then again I'm biased towards hammer fired guns vs striker fired. But I do like striker fired. If I didn't I wouldn't have bought the PPQ to begin with! :D

One other thing I found kinda interesting about the PPQ, I noticed this example doesn't have the markings on the back of the grip that say something about a radio transmitter or whatever people were talking about when the gun first came out.

I'll be sure to post more info up when I take both out shooting sometime hopefully at the end of this week! :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Two of what I believe are currently the most popular polymer framed 9mm handguns coming out of Germany.

Besides the Glock 7 of course, even though I believe the frame is made of ceramic and not polymer. :D

And I agree they look VERY much alike.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Now that you mention it, it does have a little similarity to the CZ. lol yes I still have the M1 I just got a hold of a 200 round case of Greek HXP M2 ball for it when I got the PPQ.;)

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Nice. Rep given for doing your own research, and daring to be different.

You COULD have spent that cash on another Glock or M&P like every other Tom, Dick, and Harry. Instead you chose to be exceptional.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You're killing me... 2 days ago I finally broke down and dropped coin on the gun that combines everything I've ever liked about all the handguns I've ever owned into one package.

The HK USP9.

I keep refreshing the order status page, in hopes I will see processing flip to shipped. That reminds me, I better check again.... ;_;

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    We need to get together and shoot these, and the M1s, sometime. Getting another Pre B tomorrow. ;)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I've put almost 1K through the pipe of my PPQ since I purchased it back in April. Love that pistol. This is very uncharacteristic of me since I'm such a 1911 fan boy. Been saving up all the brass and bought some .40 cal dies. Can't wait to start reloading for it.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Being of German decent, this thread makes me want to get a PPQ in .40. I have heard nothing but praise about this gun. I am a fan of striker fired and being such the reset people rave about makes it that much more desirable.

I'd love to coonfinger and shoot a PPQ .40 in SW Indiana if anyone has one. My LGS seem to be lacking in this particular area.

No offense to raccoons OR their 'fingers' in the posting of this...um... posting.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    My Walther PPQ First Edition is my favorite pistol. I don't carry it much, but it goes to the range with me most always. It is beautifully engineered, inside and out. It shoots as accurate as any of my pistols (all my guns are more accurate than I am) , and is as reliable. Recoil feels equivalent to my M&p9, which is to say mighty smooth, even though the slide appears to be slightly taller, and it feels lighter. I love its front slide serrations. I honestly can't say it exceeds my other pistols functionally in anything besides the trigger reset, but it certainly is the sexiest.

I have mixed feelings about the mag release on the trigger guard. I'm sure they did copy that off the HK. It works well, but ideally I'd prefer my index finger to stay on the side of the frame, away from the trigger and out of the way. For that reason, and because it has a light trigger, and no safety, I wouldn't recommend the PPQ to a new shooter, but I wouldn't recommend a Glock either.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Nice. Rep given for doing your own research, and daring to be different.

You COULD have spent that cash on another Glock or M&P like every other Tom, Dick, and Harry. Instead you chose to be exceptional.

Thanks for the rep! Glock's and M&P's are cool and I've had many Glocks..still got a 26 and I have carried a M&P full size and sub compact 9mm but as you stated it seems like everyone has one so I wanted to be a little different. :D I also made sure to do a ton of research on both the H&K and Walther before making my purchases...I read countless reviews online and watched God knows how many youtube videos about both pistols. I'm happy with em.:rockwoot:

You're killing me... 2 days ago I finally broke down and dropped coin on the gun that combines everything I've ever liked about all the handguns I've ever owned into one package.

The HK USP9.

I keep refreshing the order status page, in hopes I will see processing flip to shipped. That reminds me, I better check again.... ;_;

Hey there is nothing wrong with the USP! I have had both the full size and compact but traded them for other things I thought I wanted. I hope to get another full size V1 9mm USP in the near future...I actually traded a two tone USP9 towards the P30 when I felt like I had to have it.. I don't regret the trade per say as I love the P30..But I do want another USP.;)

We need to get together and shoot these, and the M1s, sometime. Getting another Pre B tomorrow. ;)

I hate you...;) Does it have the waffle grips??:D and that sounds good to me!:draw: I actually fired those clips you gave me last Sunday and a relative punched a big hole through one of my uncle's tree's...:ar15: We were also shooting a pair of my uncle's AR's as well and side by side the AR felt like a toy after shooting the Garand..:cool:

I knew those two guns looked similar but side by side they are almost clones. Does the PPQ fit P30 holsters?

Yeah they look pretty close to each other, though the PPQ still has the ergonomics of a P99 while the feel of the grip and overall look mimics the P30. As for holsters I'm not sure... the holsters I usually use are either Uncle Mike's or Holster King's... and they pretty much work with any full size handgun.:):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom