Get in the fight now or be like the British who want their guns back.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    For those playing around with the minutia of a potential ban to see if your specific gun will be banned, understand that you are falling for a trick. For you hunters who think no one wants your guns, understand you are falling for a divisive trick.

Think I am kidding?

Just look to Australia and England to see your future if you fail to fight now with everything you have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKdBxpKqUvs

"...this march has some people wondering, 'Where were these voices six years ago when there was an outright ban on handguns?'..."

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have had a few, not many but enough, tell me that rhetorical crap phrase "I don't own any ar15's so what do I care?" And I have shown them Feinsteins new proposition for banning nearly everything and they look confused. This new bill....will affect us all. Get in the fight, peaceably of course, and pray that it stays peaceful.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Folks, now is the time to get involved. Please, and I cannot state this enough, please join the NRA. If you really want to join the GOA, SAF, JFPO or other group, please do that too, but join the NRA.

$25 NRA membership w/$25 Bass Pro Gift Certificate LINK => https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy

The reality is that the NRA is the 800# gorillia in the room and they command respect because they are the only gun rights group that can actually turn out enough votes to matter. They can turn out people like us to write letters, to make phone calls. No other gun rights organization has the political clout that the NRA has and no matter how much people complain about the flood of junk mail and solicitations for donations and other things they may complain about the NRA, the facts are the facts, the NRA is the only group that can stop the AWB because they are the only group with enough members to stop it.

I'm not saying don't join the GOA, they are an excellent (albeit shrill) group that voices our concerns too. Ditto the CCRKBA, JFPO and the SAF. I am a member of more than one of these groups and have been for many years. But we need to form a coherant body behind the big dog and that is, by far, the NRA. Get your friends to join the NRA too. I've had 4 or 5 of my cigar smoking buddies join in the past week. If each of us does this then the membership will swell from 4 Million to 5 Million to 7 Million or more. And folks, we need members!

Then, write letters, make phone calls, and write letters again. Send a letter a month to your 2 Senators and your Representative. From now until this proposed AWB is killed. And have your friends send letters too. Heck, write the letters for your friends if they won't or can't do it, have them sign it and them mail it for them. The cost a few extra stamps is nothing compared to the loss of your rights.

Now is the time. You are the one. Save your rights and pass them to your kids/grandkids. Without you we all lose.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Folks, now is the time to get involved. Please, and I cannot state this enough, please join the NRA. If you really want to join the GOA, SAF, JFPO or other group, please do that too, but join the NRA.

$25 NRA membership w/$25 Bass Pro Gift Certificate LINK => https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy

The reality is that the NRA is the 800# gorillia in the room and they command respect because they are the only gun rights group that can actually turn out enough votes to matter. They can turn out people like us to write letters, to make phone calls. No other gun rights organization has the political clout that the NRA has and no matter how much people complain about the flood of junk mail and solicitations for donations and other things they may complain about the NRA, the facts are the facts, the NRA is the only group that can stop the AWB because they are the only group with enough members to stop it.

I'm not saying don't join the GOA, they are an excellent (albeit shrill) group that voices our concerns too. Ditto the CCRKBA, JFPO and the SAF. I am a member of more than one of these groups and have been for many years. But we need to form a coherant body behind the big dog and that is, by far, the NRA. Get your friends to join the NRA too. I've had 4 or 5 of my cigar smoking buddies join in the past week. If each of us does this then the membership will swell from 4 Million to 5 Million to 7 Million or more. And folks, we need members!

Then, write letters, make phone calls, and write letters again. Send a letter a month to your 2 Senators and your Representative. From now until this proposed AWB is killed. And have your friends send letters too. Heck, write the letters for your friends if they won't or can't do it, have them sign it and them mail it for them. The cost a few extra stamps is nothing compared to the loss of your rights.

Now is the time. You are the one. Save your rights and pass them to your kids/grandkids. Without you we all lose.

I concur--Just do it.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Get your friends to join the NRA too. I've had 4 or 5 of my cigar smoking buddies join in the past week. If each of us does this then the membership will swell from 4 Million to 5 Million to 7 Million or more. And folks, we need members!
    [/b]

Great post ! I particularly liked the part quoted.... The NRA is the organization the anti's fear most. Just think of the statement we would make if the ranks were to double/triple in number in the next week or two...

Thanks for posting Melensdad ! You couldn't be more correct !

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I remember when we had barely 2 Million members. We now have surpassed 4 Million. If we could grow to 5 Million that would send a message to Congress.

Let's face it folks, it costs NOTHING to join the NRA. The normal membership is $35, but there is a special for $25 and then Bass Pro Shop will give you a $25 Gift Card so you get the membership for FREE.

Do your part. Join the NRA. Join the fight for our rights.

LINK to Bass Pro/NRA offer => https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy

Give a few "gift" memberships to your hunting and fishing buddies too. Remember, the NRA also fights for hunters rights, for hunters access to lands, for scientific game management. Also, for you sport shooters, the NRA promotes 3 Gun, IDPA, Trap, Sporting Clays, Skeet, Cowboy Action, etc. And don't forget that the NRA trains more police officers than anyone else. They have the Eddie the Eagle gun safety program for children in schools.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    "Get in the fight now or be like the British who want their guns back."

I don't plan to ever be like the British who want their guns back. I'm not giving them up in the first place.

Top Bottom