• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Hey INGO & INGOETTES! I was passing gas, I mean time at Best Buy when I noticed a network storage device that I'd only read about, Western Digital's My Cloud. I had to think of baseball to quell the rising excitement I felt at holding in one hand, 2TB of storage while in the other, I had an amazing 4TB! Even more amazing to me was this could be had by anyone for the mere pittance of $150 or $220! Plus, of course, the 7 points we kick up to the gov. The thought of being able to have that capacity within my grasp. I could access my files from across the room and if need be, across the world. Now you see why I needed to think about baseball!

Fortunately, I rarely carry more than 40 or 50 bones as a means of treatment for my CPAS, Chronic Premature Acquisition Syndrome. It is a chronic disease I have been afflicted with since I was a boy and laid eyes on my first shiny thing. Anyway, while not addressing the root of my problem, it does allow me to do my due diligence, which brings me to the point of my post. As a part of my due diligence, I'd like to know if anyone has any first-hand experience with this or other device in the personal cloud category

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I already have one, just a smaller one. I just use it on the network at home.
    I think to access it over the internet, you need the correct software on the device doing the accessing. But I could be wrong, since I don't use that feature.

BOTA56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Columbia City
    and Amazon Cloud Player streams all your songs that are stored on the cloud. And as a means of measure, I have 10,544 songs and I believe that is close to 80 gigs of music. Im a long ways from my 250,000 songs lol

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Haven't used it before.

Box.com gives you 50 GB for free. Can access using computers and smart phones.
    Been using this for about 1.5 years and works great.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My dad has 2 or 3 of them. One he uses for files, one for pictures, one for movies. He has his laptop, computer, PS3, phone, and tablet hooked to it, along with my mom's phone and tablet. It works great. I went over after work one day and the first thing my mom says is "Look at this!" She's computer illiterate and can navigate them with ease. My dad then walked in and was like "Look at this!" He's a computer genius and could navigate easily.

I think he has about 300-400 movies on one of them and over 10,000 pictures on the other. Still has room left on them both.

If you're considering one, make sure you have enough available space. It's easy to buy another and another and another just to divide stuff up on them.

Anyone can use them if you train, I mean help them. You won't regret it, that's for sure.

Top Bottom