get ready for high electric bills Indiana!!!!!!!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Deforestation is also an area that has had a negative impact on the environment. Plant some trees, plant as many trees as you have space for. Create some space. It's amazing what permaculture can do and how even a desert environment can be changed.

hemp is a great substitute for trees with making paper and loads of other things we use wood for.

as usual, politicians and thier bought and paid for scientists are focusing on things that lead to controlling others or generating more money for corporate cronies, lobbyist and of course, themselves. There are plenty of simple things we can do to have an impact.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Deforestation is also an area that has had a negative impact on the environment. Plant some trees, plant as many trees as you have space for. Create some space. It's amazing what permaculture can do and how even a desert environment can be changed.

hemp is a great substitute for trees with making paper and loads of other things we use wood for.

as usual, politicians and thier bought and paid for scientists are focusing on things that lead to controlling others or generating more money for corporate cronies, lobbyist and of course, themselves. There are plenty of simple things we can do to have an impact.

This.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    People............ you are not as important as you think you are.......... you don't matter to the planet......... sorry for the bad news.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    :rolleyes:
    So which sob stories will make you cry more. Those, or the coming ones where the poor can't afford the cost of "green" energy to heat their homes.

I generally find that stories involving the tribulations or real people right now make me more sad than the possible future tribulations of people to be named later.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I generally find that stories involving the tribulations or real people right now make me more sad than the possible future tribulations of people to be named later.

You can bet if it were policies and strategies of those evil Republicans and tea-partiers you'd be hearing all about the effects of high utility bills were affecting people. There'd be stories about grandma practically freezing to death because she can't afford her electric bill or how Sally-the-hardworking-single-mom got fired from her job because she didn't have enough money to buy gas this week due to the high price of gasoline. And all those stories would be tied to how the Republicans were enacting laws based on dubious science that hurt women, minorities, and working people the most.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Honestly, if the .gov was really interested in energy independence, they would promote battery banks via wind/solar generation for each home. Problem with that is, you won't have an electric bill to pay which will upset their corporate cronies and I would say the .gov would lose tax revenue but I'm sure they would find a way to replace that with another tax.

I'm actually hoping for rolling blackouts. It would be the one thing that would push people into finally buying into solar for their homes. Even if not totally off grid, it will push people towards self-sufficiency. Any little bit helps, which is why the big government types will hate it while pretending to embrace it. Wouldn't surprise me if all of a sudden they will use the minimal threat of battery bank fires, inverter fires, etc. as a way to force mandatory inspections, which of course would come with a cost. That would help with their loss of tax revenue.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Another thing this is designed to do is drive people back into the cities. People with the political ideals of both liberals and even so called conservatives require a reversal of people fleeing dying, crime ridden, lower class occupied, metro areas. The more people spread out, the harder it is to control, plus local governments start getting more and more powerful and influential as well. Those who believe in some melting pot of the productive class working hard and bailing out the can't-help-themselves lower class need the income, really just the income taxes, of the productive class. When the productive class moves to the other side of certain roadways, those idealists no longer have taxing control over the productive member of society. As a result, the larger the lower income class grows, the more problems we usually see: Out-of-wedlock births, domestic issues, personal greed pushing people into criminal activity, etc.. Part of this is about trying to stop suburban growth as much as possible. We will always have suburbs, but the goal now is to really make it costly to commute anything over say sixty miles a day. This is why the city of Indianapolis wants to shrink traffic lanes and make bike lanes. By worsening traffic, people are more likely to vote in favor of future mass transit tax hikes. This is all by design: http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm actually hoping for rolling blackouts. It would be the one thing that would push people into finally buying into solar for their homes. Even if not totally off grid, it will push people towards self-sufficiency. Any little bit helps, which is why the big government types will hate it while pretending to embrace it. Wouldn't surprise me if all of a sudden they will use the minimal threat of battery bank fires, inverter fires, etc. as a way to force mandatory inspections, which of course would come with a cost. That would help with their loss of tax revenue.

If .gov would leave the energy industry alone (aside from safety) it would currently be significantly cheaper than it is, and no consideration of blackouts. One might argue that innovation must be driven, but innovation will be driven by true scarcity of resources rather than ones created artificially by a bunch of swollen headed know-it-alls that move from error to error with no accountability and are too insecure to think nothing will happen without them forcing it to. Central planners, they are. The .gov should not be at war with our own economy. As hard as they've tried to cripple everything else, solar is not sufficient to the task at any cost. I'd like to put up some panels myself as a supplement, but I have no illusion of self-sufficiency. My roof and yard are decent sized, but no way big enough to generate enough electricity to run freezer, range, HVAC, and enough light to see under the shade of all those solar panels. Then what if I want to eat or travel past walking distance? I swear some of these people won't be happy until the last remnants of our population are sitting naked in damp caves banging rocks together.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I swear some of these people won't be happy until the last remnants of our population are sitting naked in damp caves banging rocks together.

And then, when the Dear Leader shows up with a bundle of twigs and a Zippo, he will be worshipped as a god. I bet Obama dreams of that day.;)

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, in fact they ARE at the service of people who are trying to take over the economy, and the good of the planet has nothing to do with it. What they say is wrong, it is false, it is in error, it consists of lies. Doing this crap just in case it's the right thing is almost as bleeding stupid as doing it knowing full well it's based on lies. The temperature of our atmosphere hasn't risen in the last 15 years despite the horrific predictions of the climate cultists, because the high priests of the climate cult have been LYING. And you've been believing them, which makes you a fool. The reason is a different debate entirely, one I won't address here. Since the atmosphere isn't getting hotter, it's almost entertaining to watch the cultists chase around trying to find where the supposed heat is hiding, get stuck in the ice that's presumed to be melting, get eaten by the polar bears that aren't dying. Did you know the polar bear population projections were ENTIRELY MADE UP and they're in fact thriving? It was a LIE. It was one small lie of many that you have been told, and upon which you've based an entirely invalid opinion. I don't care what you think of me, because I have no respect for your opinion. I've totally had it with the stupidity of the climate cultists, and I'm not gonna pull any punches anymore. Think the climate is in crisis? You are effin STUPID. Think it's humanity's fault? HOW DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER TO BREATHE? I need to go soak in my hot tub. This stupidity tasks me.
    Would just like to breathe some clean air.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Would just like to breathe some clean air.

OK, so let's build some nuke plants. Seriously, how much cleaner can the air be if you're not putting anything into it? Gonna let us use the best safe technology, and keep the ecofascists and lawyers out of it? If not, I'll find you your own damp cave, even provide the rocks if you can't find them yourself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK, so let's build some nuke plants. Seriously, how much cleaner can the air be if you're not putting anything into it? Gonna let us use the best safe technology, and keep the ecofascists and lawyers out of it? If not, I'll find you your own damp cave, even provide the rocks if you can't find them yourself.

Not many people want nuclear power plants in their back yard.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So...

Nuclear, no one wants in their back yard.
    Coad, dirty icky
    Oil, harder to get to and in unfriendly countries,
    Solar, panels only last so long, hazardous waste, work better in sunny areas of the country.
    Wind, must be in a "wind corridor", kills birds/wildlife.

So, no energy for anyone.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So...
    So, no energy for anyone.

Now you tarking my ranguage.

236710_5_.jpg