• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I just wonder what the American stockpile cumulative count is. I know my personal stockpile had dramatically increased before the recent boating accident.

I'd love to know the real number too. I'd love to know how many guns, magazines and ammo have been put up for a rainy day all across this country especially in the last 8 years.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    MidwayUSA has Federal 230 gr 45 ACP for $140 per case of 500 for today only. I haven't bought 45 for quite awhile but that's an awesome price

Thats $156 with shipping (.31 round). You can usually buy it by the case for .30 a round at Target Sports with free shipping. So if you only want half a case that is not a bad deal at all.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thats $156 with shipping (.31 round). You can usually buy it by the case for .30 a round at Target Sports with free shipping. So if you only want half a case that is not a bad deal at all.

Anyone who misses out on that and who doesn't want to buy by the case should check out their local Walmart. The one here on US31 has started carrying Federal Aluminum case .45 in 100 round packs for around $29.60 or so. Price works out to around the same with tax. Reloaders won't care for it, but I personally love the ammo.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been seeing 45acp ammo for around that price or even less in some cases here lately. I hope it's a sign of things to come. I love seeing "gold old days" pricing on 45acp ammo.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    $.34 / round when you consider the number of rounds that go bang. I don't buy that **** no moe.

Really? You have had problems with Freedom remanufactured ammo? I have shot thousands of rounds of the 9mm remanufactured stuff and can't recall ever having a round not go off. Have you had problems with different calibers or just mainly one?

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Really? You have had problems with Freedom remanufactured ammo? I have shot thousands of rounds of the 9mm remanufactured stuff and can't recall ever having a round not go off. Have you had problems with different calibers or just mainly one?

+1!
    I've gone through several thousand rounds of 9,40 and 45 without any issues that I can recall.

Matt

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No. It was new, not remanufactured. It was 124gr 9mm. I'm not discounting the possibility that it was just a bad batch. But it really sucked and I won't waste my money on it anymore. I tried it in 3 different pistols that had always ran reliably. Also, other ammo I had at the time ran just fine. It was THIS ammo. Some didn't fire. Some didn't feed well. What I have remaining out of that order I use for malfunction drills because this ammo reliably malfunctions about half the time, but I never know which. So it works well for that. I think I have one box left from that order.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom