• Status
    Not open for further replies.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ouch 9mm Ammo.com............thanks for the heads up, I wonder if you get a tube of bullet lube with each order? By the way I was at SR Jenkins Police Supply yesterday, no ammo there.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Dick's on Indy's east side had a few small 50rnd boxes .22LR, a handful of boxes of Winchester 100rnd .40S&W, one box of 250rnds lead nose .40S&W, and two 250rnd boxes of lead nose 9mm. The .22lr was something like $12 for a box, the lead nose 9mm and .40 boxes were around $70 or something along those lines (I didn't want that stuff, so I passed), and the Winchester which I was interested in was $42 or $44 for a box. I got the same Winchester stuff at Walmart a couple of weeks ago for $39ish and that is with tax included, so I passed on the Dick's stuff.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Just got back from a run around town. There's a LOT 7.62 out there to be had on the shelves and places weren't all that busy. There are even some ARs sitting around.

Perhaps it's starting to return back to normal.....starting to

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Dick's on Indy's east side had a few small 50rnd boxes .22LR, a handful of boxes of Winchester 100rnd .40S&W, one box of 250rnds lead nose .40S&W, and two 250rnd boxes of lead nose 9mm. The .22lr was something like $12 for a box, the lead nose 9mm and .40 boxes were around $70 or something along those lines (I didn't want that stuff, so I passed), and the Winchester which I was interested in was $42 or $44 for a box. I got the same Winchester stuff at Walmart a couple of weeks ago for $39ish and that is with tax included, so I passed on the Dick's stuff.
    Which east side location? I need some pistol ammo for some family members next weekend and I can't find it anywhere.

zerocool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Indy Northside
    6 Box Walmart Ammo Saturday Score

Hey Everyone,

While most online resources have dried up and keep sending the dreaded pushback emails (sportsman Guide).... There are some ammo finds there at Walmart...

Went into Keystone and US31 Walmart around 930 AM and saw a fair amount of Tulammo... 40SW, 7.62 x 39 and .223. Grabbed my 3 box limit of .223 (only 20 per box) and kicked myself for not getting the 50 box of 40SW.

Then this afternoon wife needed some groceries so I thoughtfully volunteered to go to Walmart.. haha.. Headed to the ammo case and still saw a box of 40 and 2 x 7.62x39. Last of the Tulammo. Same guy but he sold me another 3 boxes...

Seems like the Tulammo is supplying Walmart pretty steady...

Stacking Walmart ammo like stacking silver....

Good luck out there.

Zero

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Hey Everyone,

While most online resources have dried up and keep sending the dreaded pushback emails (sportsman Guide).... There are some ammo finds there at Walmart...

Went into Keystone and US31 Walmart around 930 AM and saw a fair amount of Tulammo... 40SW, 7.62 x 39 and .223. Grabbed my 3 box limit of .223 (only 20 per box) and kicked myself for not getting the 50 box of 40SW.

Then this afternoon wife needed some groceries so I thoughtfully volunteered to go to Walmart.. haha.. Headed to the ammo case and still saw a box of 40 and 2 x 7.62x39. Last of the Tulammo. Same guy but he sold me another 3 boxes...

Seems like the Tulammo is supplying Walmart pretty steady...

Stacking Walmart ammo like stacking silver....

Good luck out there.

Zero

Not a bad find but I've bought several thousand rounds from sportsman guide and other online sources this month. It's there. It just sells out quickly.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I was thinking of closing the Ammo Alert Twitter account.
    Seems to be dwindling use/posts. If anyone sees a reason to leave it active, let me know.

(see my signature for more info if you have not seen or used it)

Think it might be time to break back out the Twitter Alert??

What we have now is way worse than it was when the Twitter alert was introduced.

zerocool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Indy Northside
    Not a bad find but I've bought several thousand rounds from sportsman guide and other online sources this month. It's there. It just sells out quickly.

I haven't had much look on Sportsmanguide lately. Before yes, but not for a long time. Just keep getting backorder notices. There was a brief deal up for 9mm Tulammo and Winchester. on Midway this last week. Didn't last long.

Where did you find the 1000 deals? What kind was available?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    IndyBeerman said:
    Think it might be time to break back out the Twitter Alert??

What we have now is way worse than it was when the Twitter alert was introduced.

Hadn't thought of that. I check this thread several times daily as well as gunbot.net and find my own stuff locally. I could potentially put up a twitter stream with ammo stock.

I haven't had much look on Sportsmanguide lately. Before yes, but not for a long time. Just keep getting backorder notices. There was a brief deal up for 9mm Tulammo and Winchester. on Midway this last week. Didn't last long.

Where did you find the 1000 deals? What kind was available?

I got 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 - no limits. It was 2 days ago. In stock for probably half an hour.

Lots of other folks probably know about it, but I'll reiterate it for you - gunbot.net is a great way to find real-time ammo stock. I found the ammo I bought there.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I created a Twitter account to help those with smartphones and twitter get their alerts. Not my idea. Originally done by INGO member "Boilers" and recently brought up by "IndyBeerMan".

Anyone interested in helping me keep this current?

I'll be checking gunbot.net, this thread, and post my own personal finds at Walmarts as well.

https://twitter.com/IndyAmmoAlerts

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    I was in a small KY Walmart yesterday. Got 100 rd box of 223 for $35. Also couple boxes of Tula 223. Then bought 14 boxes of 7.62x39. Down there everyone owns ARs.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I created a Twitter account to help those with smartphones and twitter get their alerts. Not my idea. Originally done by INGO member "Boilers" and recently brought up by "IndyBeerMan".

Anyone interested in helping me keep this current?

I'll be checking gunbot.net, this thread, and post my own personal finds at Walmarts as well.

https://twitter.com/IndyAmmoAlerts
    I'm game. I check my local shops pretty regularly and am in need of pistol ammo before next weekend. Can't find it anywhere.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Sportsman's Warehouse has 45ACP in stock @ $21.99/box + shipping, limit 2.

Shipping for 2 boxes was $8.95 for me.

Federal American Eagle 45 Auto 230 FMJ - Sportsman's Warehouse

CCI .40 50rd box $21.99 + shipping, limit 2

http://tinyurl.com/bwd63mx

[STRIKE]CCI 45ACP 50rd box $24.99 + shipping, limit 2

CCI Independence 45 Acp 230 Fmj - Sportsman's Warehouse

Remington UMC .40 50rd box $18.99 + shipping, limit 2

Remington UMC 40 S&W 165 gr. Metal-Cased 50-Pack - Sportsman's Warehouse

Remington UMC .38 Special JHP 50rd box $17.99 + shipping, limit 2

Remington UMC 38 Special 125 gr. 50-Pack Jacketed Hollow Point - Sportsman's Warehouse

Speer Lawman .40 50rd box $19.99 + shipping, limit 2

Speer Ammunition Lawman 40 S&W 165 Grain Lawman TMJ FN - Sportsman's Warehouse[/STRIKE]

Obviously the best thing to do is order 2 of each of the types you need, all at once for a shipping discount.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom