• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I just left county line/Emerson store. Lady there says they haven't had ANY .22 in a long time. Wasted trip!

The lady that told you that is full of ****. I bought .22lr about a week abs a half ago. Ben was there too. I've been there 3 times in the past month when they have pulled 22 out of he back.

Last edited:

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA
    The lady that told you that is full of ****. I bought .22lr about a week abs a half ago. Ben was there too. I've been there 3 times in the pad month when they have pulled 22 out of he back.

Kirkd is right, looks like they had a shipment of 22lr in on the 13th. They at least had the Remington 22lr 225 packs, probably a bunch of other stuff I don't track as well.

winstonwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    On the run
    I'd like to thank all of those here who've shared their advice on how to find reasonably priced ammo. Here's a summary of things I've learned from using that advice and looking around myself:

1) Sign up for email advisories on when ammo is in stock at the bigger resellers.
    2) Decide on a per round price you are willing to pay in order to help you decide when to pull the trigger. When you see it available, then buy it ASAP.
    3) Get the WalMart app and use it to find when their ammo is in stock. Here's a good explaination for how to use it that I shared earlier in this thread: Using Walmart App on Phone to Find AMMO - KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum
    3a) When the WalMart app says it is in stock or limited stock then it IS there. If employees say it is not then they are either too busy/lazy/annoyed by all of us ammo hunters to check or an employee has it set aside (not meant as a slam on the employees of WalMart, just my experience at this point).
    3b) Each store seems to have their own restocking policies so find them out and adapt to them (or at least know which stores to avoid at what times).
    3c) Be nice to the employees! As the saying goes, you get more flys with honey. They are generally overworked and under paid. Being polite but firm and persistant always helps in my experience. Just avoid being a jerk/pest and most of them will be helpful. Be mindful that they are just trying to get their assigned work done while dealing with a stream of us interrupting their work to make the same demands on their time.

Edit: 3d) If an employee tells you that the ammo you are asking about is not in stock, then find the UPC shelf label for that ammo (if you can) and have them scan it with their handheld scanner to let them see it is indeed there and available. You can also try giving them the UPC of the item from the app.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Last edited:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'd like to thank all of those here who've shared their advice on how to find reasonably priced ammo. Here's a summary of things I've learned from using that advice and looking around myself:

1) Sign up for email advisories on when ammo is in stock at the bigger resellers.
    2) Decide on a per round price you are willing to pay in order to help you decide when to pull the trigger. When you see it available, then buy it ASAP.
    3) Get the WalMart app and use it to find when their ammo is in stock. Here's a good explaination for how to use it that I posted earlier in this thread: Using Walmart App on Phone to Find AMMO - KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum
    3a) When the WalMart app says it is in stock or limited stock then it IS there. If employees say it is not then they are either too busy/lazy/annoyed by all of us ammo hunters to check or an employee has it set aside (not meant as a slam on the employees of WalMart, just my experience at this point).
    3b) Each store seems to have their own restocking policies so find them out and adapt to them (or at least know which stores to avoid at what times).
    3c) Be nice to the employees! You get more flys with honey. They are generally overworked and under paid. Being polite but firm and persistant always helps in my experience. Just avoid being a jerk/pest and most of them will be helpful. Be mindful that they are just trying to get their assigned work done while dealing with a stream of us interrupting their work to make the same demands on their time.

Goo luck and happy hunting.

Indeed.

Also, smile and make conversation. No need to be "that guy" that they hate to see come in.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    wrigleys on lima rd has fusion 62gr 223 20rd box for 22.99, fed 55gr 223 softpoint not sure price on these 22 or 23 bucks a box of 20rds, and hornaday 53gr vmax for 20.99 or 21.99 a box of 20rds. no 22lr other then pest control rds.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood

3) Get the WalMart app and use it to find when their ammo is in stock. Here's a good explaination for how to use it that I shared earlier in this thread: Using Walmart App on Phone to Find AMMO - KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum
    3c) Be nice to the employees! As the saying goes, you get more flys with honey. They are generally overworked and under paid. Being polite but firm and persistant always helps in my experience. Just avoid being a jerk/pest and most of them will be helpful. Be mindful that they are just trying to get their assigned work done while dealing with a stream of us interrupting their work to make the same demands on their time.

Great advise.

Onrails

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013

Great advice.

This process works believe me.

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    If anybody is interested in buying online there's a site I use instead of gunbot.

Ammo Scanner

You can sign up and have it either send you an email or a text message when ammo gets in that's less than your set threshold. It's still fairly new so there are a couple bugs, but I've scored some ammo at good prices already.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Southport Wally World has .223 Tula & Winchester .22 mag on the shelf.
    They had M22 also... until I got there. :D I think I upset the old fella that sold it to me, because I have a feeling he really didn't want it put out, but his coworker put it in the cabinet and I saw it before he could snag it for himself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom