• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven
    I have a question that may be slightly off topic. I have been reading about an app that lets you see what ammo walmart has in stock in real time. Is this just a regular app from walmart, or is this a user generated app? I have went several pages back in the forum to find this info for myself with no luck. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was there at 7:30am and bought 3 boxes of federal auto match .22LR and there was 7 boxes left after I bought mine. Don't go around talking trash or ill stop letting people know where I find ammo.

A guy that walked in behind me bought 3 boxes as well. So no it was not an app says, and when you call they will not give you accurate info...I also scored 600 rounds of 9 today and some CCI quiet at pendelton pike...about done with this thread if you are going to be *******s.

And if you guys are going to continue to bash me I will post the damn receipt from this morning.

Calm down buttercup, no need to get upset. We are a big family! :)

:laugh:

This is one fun thread!

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have a question that may be slightly off topic. I have been reading about an app that lets you see what ammo walmart has in stock in real time. Is this just a regular app from walmart, or is this a user generated app? I have went several pages back in the forum to find this info for myself with no luck. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Been asked like a billion times on this thread, but it is the Walmart app available on iphone and android.

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA

I have an app that utilizes the online status info but adds a new dimension. It keeps track of when a specific item, that it's setup to monitor, moves from one inventory status to another. Helps to know whether an item is newly "In Stock" or still showing in stock from days ago, which generally means don't waste your time. Ultimately it relies on their online data but the added time info and convenience of having automatic updates via email are nice.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have an app that utilizes the online status info but adds a new dimension. It keeps track of when a specific item, that it's setup to monitor, moves from one inventory status to another. Helps to know whether an item is newly "In Stock" or still showing in stock from days ago, which generally means don't waste your time. Ultimately it relies on their online data but the added time info and convenience of having automatic updates via email are nice.

Ok, I give up. What app does that? Is this one that you have written?

Kirk

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA
    Ok, I give up. What app does that? Is this one that you have written?

Kirk

Yeah it's something I threw together. I gotta run to a meeting but if you want info let me know. Server I am running it on can prob handle some more people depending on what products you are looking for(it can track everything their mobile site can track, fed 100s, 420s, m22, win 555 bricks...)

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yeah it's something I threw together. I gotta run to a meeting but if you want info let me know. Server I am running it on can prob handle some more people depending on what products you are looking for(it can track everything their mobile site can track, fed 100s, 420s, m22, win 555 bricks...)

This is a plus1 program. Love it again and again

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven
    The Walmart app showed 50 round boxes of Federal 9mm available in limited supply at Maysville Walmart in Ft Wayne. I got there and there were non on the shelf. I asked the guy behind the counter where the 9mm was and he went around to the tire dept and brought back what he said were the last 3 boxes. The app took over an hour to show them as out of stock. I'm not sure if that's how long it took to update the website or maybe there were more than just 3 back there?? Maybe they just tell you that so people don't try to talk them into getting more than the 3 box limit?? Who knows. But they did have some Tula .45. No .223, or .40 though.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville

This is a plus1 program. Love it again and again

Yep. It helped me score over 10K of .22LR in a 2-week time period. I still use the standard Wal-Mart app for things that sloss76 doesn't scan for, but my mainstay is his program. If you watch when things go out of stock, it'll help you understand the selling patterns of each store. I'm able to see what times stores usually put their ammo out.

It does fill up my e-mail inbox in a 24-hour period though. LOL!

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    M4Madness, when something says in stock does that mean they are getting it on their truck delivery or does that mean it's on the floor? (Walmart ap of course)

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    M4Madness, when something says in stock does that mean they are getting it on their truck delivery or does that mean it's on the floor? (Walmart ap of course)

When it first says "in stock" or "limited stock", it is still on the truck -- it isn't on the shelf yet. Some stores take ammo straight from the truck to the shelves, and others put it in a locked cage in the storeroom overnight.

The stores around me put ammo out in the mornings, so I watch to see what comes into stock each afternoon, thus telling me what will be brought out the next morning. My local store always shows what came in by 5:00 PM each weekday evening, so I don't bother checking more than that one time. Weekends seem to be more random, so I check more then.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing with all that ammo?
    :laugh::laugh:

tumblr_lz8zb05sqv1qh1byio1_500.gif

cardio1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    South of Paradise
    Whittaker's shipping ammo

Whittaker's in Owensboro announced today they will start accepting phone orders to ship ammo on Wednesday. 1000 round cases only. 35.00 S&H with adult signature
    They will post inventory each night on their facebook page.
    This is the first time they've shipped ammo :rockwoot:

Last week WWB 9mm was 34.99/100 so a 1000 rd case will be 385 delivered.
    Not bad in these days and times and I'm sure will come down with more availability.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom