• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I can picture that scene at Greensburg. I've been in there a couple of times and it's ridiculous. My daughter once found ammo stashed in a mechanic cabinet. I found a brick of 22 in a cart with broken down boxes the guy was using to stock. One of the guys working there told me he bought a pallet of 22 but it was before the shortage he says. I haven't seen 22 in there for maybe 2 years.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I just bought some @ Greensburg today -

Don't get your ammo at Rural King in Greensburg. At least don't expect to get the 22 on the shelf anyway... The clerk this morning told me he wouldn't sell it to me because "he didn't know why it was there, it might have been sold to a customer already and he wont sell it to me, then get his ass chewed".
    LOL Sure, I bet...

I bought the Thunderbolt 6 box limit (*@ 50 per box*) @ $2.39 per box. 300 rounds for $15.00 -- bang.!!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I would have asked for his department manager, if it wasn't resolved. Then go to the Store manager. If same BS, then ask for them to call the District manager. I smell something fishy going on.

I was pissed and left. I posted it on facebook and in less than three hours I was contacted by the store manager who wanted to hear the whole story. I explained it, and he told me that is not the way he runs his store, he also told me to come in this morning and 6 of those boxes would be waiting for me. Ive never had such a quick response from any business Ive had issue with. The manager Jay seems like a real stand up guy.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Gander in Greenwood had four different types of 22LR at around 9:30. I didn't get any but it is the first time I've seen 22LR at Gander on a Saturday since Sandy Hook. Are things getting better?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Lafayette rural king has about forty boxes of Winchester 22 LONG, not 22lr. $4.99, limit 4. Dick's has about forty boxes of Hornady vmax 30 grain 22 magnum, $14.99, limit 3.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Good price at less than $.05/round of 22lr, no?

Depending on how old you are... back in the good old days before this last round of panic buying & hoarding you could buy 550 rounds of 22lr at walmart for $22. That's $0.04 per round so being a penny off of the most recent example of the good old days isn't bad at all. I haven't bought 22lr in a long time and I'd have bought that.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    bucketobullets_zps01d33569-jpg.100789

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Now is the time to start buying a little ammo weekly, to put back for a rainy day. Do that now, then during the next panic, you won't be caught short like so many people were. Ammo seems plentiful, and prices are not that bad. I got a 500 round brick of .22 Remington Thunderbolt for $25 yesterday at Field & Stream in Erlanger, KY. Not too bad I thought. They have a pallets of Remington-UMC in various calibers, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom