• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What's the deal with 22 being so scarce? Did everyone run andbut 10-22? There's no way people are burning through that much ammo

Refresh my memory... .22, those are the little ones right? Yeah, I haven't seen those in quite some time. They occasionally pop up in the classifieds for $.10-$.12/rd if you want them badly enough.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Thats only a 50% increase over the last time I bought a case of it and that has been since Newtown.

Matt

There is a LOT more influencing the price of surplus 54r than just Newtown. This is what happens when surplus dries up. Most places online were advertising it for $200 per CAN before selling out (LuckyGunner for example, but they have since removed their pricing). The few cans I've seen at gunshows have been $150 on up. Two years ago at Knob Creek you could buy a CRATE for $180, but those days are LONG gone. The link I posted is the ONLY online source of 54r in spam cans and it is also the LOWEST online price on 54r period.

https://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=12

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    There is a LOT more influencing the price of surplus 54r than just Newtown. This is what happens when surplus dries up. Most places online were advertising it for $200 per CAN before selling out (LuckyGunner for example, but they have since removed their pricing). The few cans I've seen at gunshows have been $150 on up. Two years ago at Knob Creek you could buy a CRATE for $180, but those days are LONG gone. The link I posted is the ONLY online source of 54r in spam cans and it is also the LOWEST online price on 54r period.

https://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=12

Understood, I also didn't see a single can at the 1500 last weekend. It may have been there, I just didn't see it. I paid $178 for my case a few years ago and got it when the place had a free shipping offer.
    Matt

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom